• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

E-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

Five field goals. That was brutal. At least my Eagles are another loss closer towards a shot at drafting a QB. Dallas choking in classic Dallas fashion sure took the sting off a dreadfull game. :)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The giant are 2-6 and two games out of first place which is just pathetic. However, I will take it going into the bye week. Seems like a lot of people in the NFC east are hoping for a draft pick. This is a great year for QBs in the draft as well.

This draft class is definitely looking deeper than last year. Unfortunately there are a lot of bad teams that need QBs. Jacksonville, Vikings, Browns, and Tampa to name a few. I'd like the Eagles to get Mariota but he's playing his way up the draft board.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Given the state that Andy left us in, I'm surprised the Eagles actually won a couple games so far... especially this early in the season for a new head coach.

I was never fond of Vick since day one. Sure, he's had some stunning performances here, but they are few and far between and he's just too small and fragile to be relied upon consistently.

Foles showed some signs of being able to run Chips offense, but it's clear that he just doesn't do well under any kind of pressure. Any time the game means something for him personally or for the team... he chokes and plays horribly.

That leaves Barkley who certainly has some raw talent... but nothing that screams he's a franchise player. I think if Vick wasn't around and he was the #2 behind Foles, he would probably get more reps and be able to compete for the starting job. He's just sort of an afterthought right now thouth. When he does play, he just isn't in sync with the rest of the team and all of his mistakes are piling up. It'll be interesting to see if Chip plans to groom him as the QB of the future or if he tries to grab one of the top 2-3 prospects in the draft.

The defense, who was horrible in the first few games has actually started to come together a little bit every week. I think the new system is finally sinking in and although a few upgrades next year are certainly needed, they are proving to be decent lately as is. Since the Broncos embarrassed them in week 4, they haven't given up more than 21 points a game and each game it's been lower and lower. Granted the last few games have been against struggling offenses... but there is some definite improvement from what I see. Still, this high powered offense has done nothing but struggle lately and was supposed to be the one thing we could count on this year.

The QB spot needs to be addressed or they will continue to get crushed every week. Defense is not great (or even good) but they aren't what the problem is right now... that's for sure!

I don't know about Foles being that bad. He did get hurt (groin and brain) supposedly early in the game. I need to see more of Foles before I cast any judgement on him. He is clearly smarter then Vick and his short and intermediate throws look good ( up until just recently ). On a side note Andy is having "a heckuva season" so far. I think fans and media forced him and the club to make rash decisions that ended up costing him. Certainly canning McDermott for all the head hunters sake was a serious mistake. He was a good coach for the eagles and certainly is doing well now. I am not saying Andy does not have his issues but we did not treat him like the coach that he is.... Arguably the best eagles coach in modern day history. And joe "I am a used car salesman" Banner most definitely had his hands in the teams demise.

yDYWKqx.gif

Foles is quietly making a name for himself. Another game with no picks and no fatal mistakes.

And the injuries keep piling up piling up, mostly on the defensive side of the ball. Losing Kendricks and the new safety ( can't remember his name just now) really hurts the defense and you could tell the drop off of production in the secondary against the 'skins. They really need this bye badly.

All in all a good win and I'll take first place in the NFC East. Go Eagles!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I have to retract my previous statement about Foles. He's been playing really well since the Dallas debacle.

Defense has been playing great lately too. Injuries have been piling up... the bye will certainly be what the doctor ordered.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I was at the game today, and I cannot wait until next week. This could be a very interesting division run here at the end.

The eagles host the cowboys at the end of the year don't they? Could end up very interesting depending on which cowboys team shows up for the rest of the year.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A little birdy just told me that I'll be getting tickets to the Eagles/Lions game on Dec. 8th (early X-mas present) so can't wait for that. Dance Should be a good game.

Yea, Giants have won what, 4 in a row? They seem to be turning things around but with all the injuries on the O-Line I think it will be hard for them to make a full recovery. I wouldn't mind seeing them beat the Cowboys next week though.