• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Eagle Reef & Adam's Pet Safari

We took a road trip yesterday hoping we would find something gorgeous to add to the tank.  First stop was Eagle Reefs since it's been a little while since we were there.  We were kinda bummed at his selection and there were more than a couple of tanks with dead fish in them.  There is a blue carpet anemone that was the healthiest I've ever seen in a store. 

Next stop on the road trip was Adam's Pet Safari in Chester.  Ouch!  The freshwater tanks in the front were clean and happy, the marine tanks in the back are disgusting!  It seriously looks like no one's cleaned them in 6 months, unevenly cleaned if at all, and all of the coral tanks had lovely Aptasia specimins for your perusal.  Almost got a yellow Gorgonian, but decided not to after seeing the shape the tanks were in.

Today my husband took another ride to Eagle Reefs to check on the Blue Carpet.  We kept thinking about it all last night and today and I actually rearranged rock and carved out a nice spot for it.  They're supposed to open at 12, he got there early, they got there late.  The guy that opened wasn't the guy that runs it and didn't know the pricing.  Couldn't get the other guy on the phone and wound up wasting an hour there and leaving empty handed.   :'(

Not a satisfying weekend for tank additions. 
:mad:

cmsurfr22 said:
try taking a trip to tropiquarium. their prices are a little high but there selection and quality is exceptional.

Really am going to have to take that trip on of these days, I've heard great stuff about them. Probably would have been a better idea this weekend when we were looking for a nice show piece of something.

Tropiquarium, is that the one in Tom's River?