• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

easy way to raise skimmer higher in sump

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just looking for different idea's, and if i should even worry about it. My sump water level is 9.5 inches, per the skimmer i have, classic 202-s, it recommends 7-9 inches. Should i be worried about that additional half inch? If so, just let me know your ideas.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Egg crate cut into panels and zip tied together. I would try to skimmer first without it tho, half inch shouldnt make much a difference
+1. If you want a cleaner look you can get some acrylic and build a shelf for it. I would get it as close to the running depth as you can. Some can be very sensitive to it.

Egg crate works great. I would make it so the skimmer sits at its shallowest recommeded depth, i.e. 7" in this case, and remove one layer at a time, if you have to, until you find the sweet spot. If its new, make sure it has time to break in before you start to modify the stand.

IMG_0987_zps585290c7.jpg

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the info, I'll grab some when i go get all my pvc.

BRS if your looking for black egg crate. HD only sells white which has a greater tendency at attract algae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
i just cut extra 2 inch pvc tubing to make 4 legs to lift skimmer to right height