• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ecam's 243 Gallon Upgrade - Build thread 78x30x24

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey everyone, So after my OG - 180 lasted me over 7+ years, its time to retire the tank and upgrade. Ive always wanted a deep tank so i can play with the aquascape so I finally got a great deal at Coast to Coast Aquariums (another bucket list item) which i couldnt resist and pulled the trigger. So as the indentured President to NJRC and at the prodding of @diana a I will be starting a bulild thread here so that I can document the low points and high points of this tank.....

All comments and critiques are welcomed

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
First have to say goodbye to this OG tank. which is moving on to the capable hands of @iman7045 (forgot to mention you need to become a full member to pickup the tank next week !!!)so the price of the tank & stand is $620!!!!!!

This tank has been touched by so many Club OGs!!!

@Raffle King
@redfishbluefish
@horseplay
@Hockeynut
@mnat
@NikkiT
@Sunny
@mikem
@kschweer
@aquatic obession

and sooooo many others that im missing. This was truly a NJRC born and raised thank Moving this tank is moving all those memories Thanks everyone for this awesome experience!!!!! I will be documenting the takedown in a separate thread which i will link here

Tank Build -Thread

Take-down

IMG_5437.jpeg

Last edited:

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
Coast to Coast does such beautiful work. I cant wait to get a custom tank when i am ready.
Congrats on the new tank! It is a beaut!

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Oooooweeeee can't wait to see this baby in person.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good luck. Nice setup. Wish I can change my plans to help with the breakdown.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Good luck. Nice setup. Wish I can change my plans to help with the breakdown.
YOU BUILT my deck and plumbed this bad boy... you deserve break !!!!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
So expected delivery of tank is tentatively set for 5/17/2023... fingers crossed!!!!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
WOW - First of all congrats on the new setup.
Looking forward to the build and setup. Let me know if I can help with anything.
Yes I am no longer in the hobby but like they say - even a dead elephant is worth something :)

Cheers!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@Sunny sre you kidding me man. The legend of my favorite drink. Bacardi & Pepsi !!!!!

Thanks man. Miss you bro.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This is great news !! Hopefully I can come and help with the build.
It’s good reef karma to help someone with their build lol

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@amado my man!!!! thats perfect @DEL and @bigyankfan you guys are now required too.... we can have an impromtu BOD meeting and get this club active again !!!!!!

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'm good any night next week but the two weeks after that are out - I'm starting a new job.