• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ecopico Reef LED Tank?

There are a few tiny fish, the yellow or clown goby, barnacles, neon goby. You could go with a shrimp goby and shrimp. I see the difference in a 24G tank vs 120 in what you see and appreciate. My son has one peppermint shrimp that is super bold comes out and cleans me when I clean the tank...in my tank I have one peppermint shrimp I see once a month. Things like zoas look huge in nano that small....there is a good forum for nano tanks they have some real beauties if you browse through. Definitely do it!!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Small gobies like panda gobies, court jester gobies, or flaming prawns are great in a pico. Small shrimp also look great in there, like sexy shrimp or petersons cleaners. Zoas look awesome in there as well. You can have fun, you just have to be really careful with selection and super diligent with water changes and top off.

I think he should do kevin's innovative marine tank, but Steve can't handle the size. He isn't used to handling big things. Dance

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The 8g biocube all in one tanks are actually pretty good and would probably be easier to run.

what ever happened to that big tank i saw in your house? man i 've been away from the forum too long...lol

Phil....man oh man....The original one sprung a leak. I bought a brand new tank and everything was going well. Then that one sprung a leak....I was able to get a brand new tank under warranty. I had all my fish and corals in a 55 gallon while I was setting up the 3rd tank and Christmas morning I get to the house and bam...everything was dead. No idea why or what happened! So I decided since I no longer live there and I am now married to wait until we find a house to buy then setup a tank there obviously lol. That was 2 years ago...I just got married this past October and we are looking for houses now, but I need something. So a 10 gallon would be perfect for my apartment until we find a house :)

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Nano tanks are fun I had the 8 gal evolve it really looked nice the only issue I had was top off if it ran a little low it made a lot of noise and had large salinity swings also had to up grade the light. Dan (Sobo) still has it I think see if he wants to sell it he already upgraded the light.
I don't want to scare you off getting one you should do it, if you go looking around you will see some awesome nano tanks.
Good luck

Nano tanks are fantastic! I started getting back into the hobby with a 3G picotope. Hands down one of my favorites! Eventually I upgraded to my now 11.4G Mr. Aqua rimless. As was said before, gobies are good bets, clowns are iffy IMHO. Maybe a goby and pistol shrimp? They often form a symbiotic relationship which could be interesting enough.