• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ecotech and Aqua Illumination are merging

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I hope them working together brings out some amazing advancements in reef stuff going forward.

Like any other merger they will eventually merge products, some will stop being produced and others will thrive. Hopefully it affects pricing in a positive way for consumers.

wow, two of the largest high quality brands. i wonder whose lights will be phased out. does anyone know which has the larger market share in the lighting arena. and as to pricing, i think it won't effect pricing because they just won't be competing with eachother.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Maybe now Ecotech can put the fan on the right side of their lights, aka the top. Seriously who puts a fan on the wet side of the fixture?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wonder if they merged just so that they both keep the MAP pricing and keep the "market value" on the upper end for at least 2 of the major players in the market. :eek:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I wonder if they merged just so that they both keep the MAP pricing and keep the "market value" on the upper end for at least 2 of the major players in the market. :eek:

my thoughts exactly

Possibly. If 2 companies agree to set prices that would be illegal, but the same company can. Not a lawyer but I think that's how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2