• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Eggcrate

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Went to Lowe's and Home depot to get some aggregate for a tank cover and fra g rack. I looked everywhere even lighting section. Finally asked 3 different people at each stofe. Apparently they no longer carry it.
So where can I get it? Saw a nice video where 1/2 holes you can slide 1/2 PVC up a for rack.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
How big of a piece do you need Max? I might have some lying around..

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
That is a solid piece of hazed plastic. I asked for eggcrate and light diffuser. Even pointed to it hanging above the ceiling fans they display.

This isn't what you are looking for?

Attachments

• IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Why would you use egg crate for a cover? That seems counter intuitive imo. A diffuses the light so unless it's fish only then OK but even then it will darken the tank more than you'd expect and you will just remove it sooner than later. It's cheaper to just do the window screen net to get it done and change out the out for the better screen net material from BRS or any other online store down the road. Very easy to build as well.

Just to get back to your original post. HD usually has them in the aisle with fluorescent lighting/T5/VHO lighting for basements. EGG CRATE in white. Never seen them carry any other color.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a 4 foot bow front tank and just feel eggcrate would be easier to cut to size. Then trying to bend the plastic for a mesh top.

Also, I ddi look in lightning and not there. Like I said I asked 3 different people.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I agree Phil, they were clueless why I looked around but could not find it.

Will try another store I guess.

john90009

NJRC Member
Most likely its located in a very small area on top of another item, like wedged and forgotten about, I had to locate it in my store myself because the manager couldn't find where they had put it. lol.