• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Eggs? Please ID

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What the heck is this?
normal_eggs%20001.jpg

normal_eggs%20006.jpg

C

concept3

Re:Eggs?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Rich you couldn't do that?

Re:Eggs?

You're trying to put the link to the page into an image tag, instead of the link to the image...

So it should be something like this:

Code:
[img]http://www.njreefers.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10210/normal_eggs%20001.jpg[/img]

Congrats Rich is going to be a daddy again. Let's hold a shower for him. :D Everyone bring frags, LOL

Llama

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here's the proof. This is like the third batch in as many weeks. I must have just missed them being laid.
normal_lettus%20eggs%20002.jpg

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The eggs are gone from the glass as of yesterday. Nothing has turned up from this batch or the previous two. I'll post if I see anything.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
:( well, I'm down to one lettuce. Came home yesterday to pieces of one floating around the tank. I guess it got into one of the Maxi Jets. I have the intake covers on them but the slugs still manage to get sucked through the itty bitty slots in the covers. That's two down that way. :'( bummer.

I added 3 to my tank and they were all gone within a week, gotta love them PH, lost my 5 year old anemone to one as well and the crab that it was hosting. I have even tried to build up rocks along with the screens and it still didn't help, sorry for your loss, they are cool critters.
Mike.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The last one seems to stick mostly to the rocks so hopefully he keeps to them and away from the PH's. The one that was chopped up was the one laying all the eggs. Maybe they weren't sterile and little ones will start showing up. The serpent star didn't seem to mind the mishap though. Got right to cleaning up the mess.

I'm sorry to hear that Rich. I wonder what percentage of nudibranch/sea slug deaths can be attributed to powerhead mishaps. I would say close to 90%.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The first one that went in to the PH I saw happen. I was actually reaching to remove it from the cover when it got sucked through. In hind site, I wish I would have hit the feed cycle button first. Would have prevented the slice and dice. I was considering putting fiberglass screen over the covers but figured that would cause the PH to clog more quickly so I opted not to, considering flow.