• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Empty boxes on home page

I dont know if this is the right place for this but I've been getting empty boxes where pictures should be on the home page.
I have tried going onto the website from either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome and its the same on both.
I'm up to date on Flash, Adobe, Java and all other search engine updates..I'm not sure how long this has been going on because I havent had the chance to get onto the website all that often but i would have to say maybe 3 months.
can anyone help me with this issue? :(

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've been on multiple computers and multiple platforms with no problems. I am curious to hear more

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I thought it was just me. But it is on both my home and work computer. Thought there was just no picture.

Just relized I cant see the past meeting photo's either.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Yup, the pics are not being displayed. In essence, where it should display past meting pics, there are all empty boxes there.

Sunny

From my laptop (windows) I get a blank picture with that little x in the corner. From my iPad I get that blue question mark in the middle of where the picture should be. If I remember I will ask my IT guy tomorrow at work.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Same here and I am on a new Dell XPS Desktop computer with Windows 8 and pics are not being displayed. I also tried my Dell XPS Laptop with Windows 7 and still pics are not being displayed.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hmm, I see them fine on my work computer - XP Pro, home computer - Vista Ultimate, and even on my android phone - Google Chrome. I see the pics no problem on all of them.

Don, any chance it could be a permissions based issue? Maybe since we have admin rights they show for us? Seems like just about everyone else can't see the pics.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well there goes my theory then, lol. Thought it was worth a shot.

For those of you having the issues, have you tried clearing your cache and deleting cookies?

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well there goes my theory then, lol. Thought it was worth a shot.

For those of you having the issues, have you tried clearing your cache and deleting cookies?
Yes I have tried clearing your cache and deleting cookies and still no good.
It doses not work on my Droid Bionic phone or my work computer.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry guys, It was all working on my end so I didn't know until you brought it to my attention. from the sounds of things it is going to be hard to pinpoint. Please keep the info coming and I will be looking for clues and researching this quirky situation.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes I have tried clearing your cache and deleting cookies and still no good.
It doses not work on my Droid Bionic phone or my work computer.
Dan, can you see the Photo of the month? What about the fragswap pic on the homepage?

I can't see the frag swap pic or the scrolling photos at the bottom on anything I use. My home and work pc's, iPhone, my wife's droid x, or on my sons kindle.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I can see the photos in the past meeting box, but for the frag swap on the home page, I get a broken link icon.

I can see the photo of the month but not the frag swap meeting or the ones at the bottom. Now that I think of it I remember when I first came across the NJRC there was the blank box on the home page for the Frag Swap. I didn't give it much thought till then. I just figured it was something on my end.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I think only the "privileged" mods,board members can see the scrolling pics (past meeting etc). Is there anyone who can see them and is not a board member?

I know Jose said he could, but he might have had it cached.

Sunny