• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Endless Ocean (Wii)

If any of you have the Nintendo Wii and really are a fanatic about diving and reefs you may want to pick up this game. The jist of it - your a diver doing reasearch in the Marianas Islands. You get to feed, pet, interact with all diferent fish and inverts. I dont think that you can really interact with corals.

I just started to get into the game last night. After you discover the fish you cataloge them and learn there latin name and some facts about them.

You can also use your own music, THANK GOD, during the game if you have some on a SD memory card. The game music is underbeleiveable.

Its not an action thriller or a crazy game. Very Calm and Fun.

I gotta diagree with the move to open water , this def on topic with reefs and reefkeeping. its the ultimate reefkeepers game.. but ok :p

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for your input. We felt that, being a game, it was more suited to open water, in spite of the educational component.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Thanks for your input. We felt that, being a game, it was more suited to open water, in spite of the educational component.

Don't you mean "Wii felt"? ::)

Hardy Har Har

hmmm - given most wii games are pricey - at $29.99 - seems like a good deal. Then again that would be 10% towards a kalk reactor...decisions decisions...

Thanks for posting, I didn't even know this existed... I just requested it for Valentine's Day, nothing says romantic like a reef game right? LOL

Got it and having fun with it, though frequently it won't let me dive (need to read the manual, online, play with it more to figure out why).... also does anyone here have their Wii online? We hooked up a wireless network a few weeks ago (finally) and DOH didn't even realize our wii had built in wireless till I was messing with it out of curiosity in order to use endless oceans online you need a friend code to dive with friends etc. Thought it would be neat to see how the game play differs.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The biggest problem I found with Wii on-line was the setup. If someone tried access the net simultaneously the download would stop. Took three tries to get it right; did it while everyone was a sleep.

Never noticed this topic.
The game is pretty sweet i play it alot (when i'm not playing Guitar hero 3) if anyone wants to dive online lmk I'll give you my friend code.

~Nick