• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Espresso - High end

I was interested if there is any espresso connoisseurs/home or pro barista's out there. I'm finally able to get a prosumer level machine (double boiler) and grinder. I've read all the forums and 101 guides, but I think I'll need some help in dialing in the grinder and just get a few pointers on proper pulling techniques. I can offer free espresso and some food for the help ;-)

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Let me know when you get it figured out I can't make it but like drinking it LOL I can be a test dummy

We used to have a pretty good one at the office, one of the few perks of working at an Italian bank. But now we have the stupid cartridges, takes all the fun out of it. I always found that key was to pack the coffee with a medium firmness. I think most of the fun will be experimenting.

I use to think reefers were crazy and obsessive, until I started reading coffee forums... I guess the caffeine has a lot to do with it. Looking at a reef tank is calming, but tasting shot after shot just wires you up!!!

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
That's why the ginnies ( me included) put anesette in there to knock the jitters down a notch:nervous

That's why the ginnies ( me included) put anesette in there to knock the jitters down a notch:nervous
I remember I went to Italy for sales calls ... I woke up had a couple cappuccinos, then out to half a dozen different banks, plus lunch. At the end of every meeting the question was "caffe?" by the end of the day I was twitching.

If my build ever starts ( a few delays on the home construction end) I'll need the boost for the last night plumbing and aquascaping sessions. I realize it's not as good, but just might need to have some decaf on hand.