• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

EXCALIBUR PROTEIN SKIMMER???

Hello again guys ;D
I just wanted to know if any of you have used or use a EXCALIBUR PROTEIN SKIMMER??
there is one that was offered to me and I don't know much about it. Please let me know??

Thanks again

Gene

I never owned or used one.

It's a slim but very tall skimmer, I believe it hangs on the tank, it was aimed at people who didn't want a sump. Might have been a quality item, but definitely several generations back in terms of skimmer design. Is it cheap?

This one is in sump, and they also make a hang on back, they retail for around 200 I believe the company is no longer in business or was bought out.
I'm just looking for something for a 55 to 90 gallon tank that doesn't cost a fortune.

Oh the one is being sold for nowhere near 200 I just found out that the company went out of business not bought out, so I guess that answers my questions.
I'll just post a WTB on the sale post.

thanks guys.

i have one i bought for $180 2 years ago. this design is NO good. the venturi breaks on almost all of them because this is a delicate skimmer.after i broke it the first day, i called the company and they send out a new one the next week. i heard it works good especially for the price, but i never even hooked it up. i was just turned off by the design being so delicate that i bought a used aquaC. by the way, i still have it if anyone wants to buy it for $100. also, this is made for external or internal use.