• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Experiment

3 days ago I started adding something to my tank. Nope, no Vodka or sugar, but 2 Zeovit products. Pohl's Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acids. I'm starting at half strength, 4 drops of each every day. I'd like to start a picture journal, just for comparison. Of course I have to make sure to always use the same settings when taking pictures.

I'll try and update the thread every week, unless something goes wrong - God forbid!

So here we go. A full tank shot for starters:
FTS.jpg

ORA German Green with Blue (which had almost lost all of its color)
GermanGreenwithBlue.jpg

Shades of Fall (another one who had bleached on me almost completely)
ShadesofFall.jpg

Purple Nana
PurpleNana.jpg

Valida
Valida.jpg

ORA Pearl Berry
PealBerry.jpg

Upscales Macrocladus
UpscalesMacrocladus.jpg

Blue Tort
BlueTort.jpg

Crayola
Crayola.jpg

Unknown Acro
UnknownAcro.jpg

All righty, that's it. See you all in a week. :)

I think you'll see good results. I have seen tremendous polyp extension/growth since I started using Brightwell's amino acids and Vitamin C and Vitamin M supplements.

Jonathan, even though it's MUCH MUCH MUCH too soon to make any judgment, I have to say that I've already noticed better polyp extension.

The only ting I'm uncertain of, is when I can safely start dosing at recommended strength. Does anyone know?

JerseyWendy said:
The only ting I'm uncertain of, is when I can safely start dosing at recommended strength. Does anyone know?

Did the bottle tell you? I'm sure you've figured it out already- if it were me, I'd take 7 days and divide that by the recommended dosage, and increase it everyday till the 8th.

Any updates wendy?

Thank you Steve.

Merv, no the bottle didn't tell me. But I think I'll follow your advice. So far I've seen no negative effects (again, knock on wood). No updates yet. I'll try and update either Friday or Saturday with pictures. So far I've been dosing 4 drops of AA and CV daily. Today I'll start adding 5 drops. :)

It's been a week, so here are pictures I just took a few minutes ago. So far so good. :)

I apologize for not being able to take the pictures the exact same way I did the previous week. I tried my best. I also don't know how to put the pictures next to each other for comparison purposes. :-[

FTS
FTS2.jpg

German Green with Blue
GermanGreenwithBlue2.jpg

Shades of Fall
ShadesofFall2.jpg

Purple Nana
PurpleNana2.jpg

Valida
Valida2.jpg

ORA Pearl Berry
ORAPearlBerry2.jpg

Upscales Macrocladus
UpscalesMacrocladus2.jpg

Blue Tort
BlueTort2.jpg

Crayola
Crayola2.jpg

And lastly Unknown Acro
UnknownAcro2.jpg

I definitely see better polyp extension, and I'm happy that my Shades of Fall and the German Green are showing signs of recovery. :)

Wendy,
If you can start taking the pictures from the same spot I can make a time lapse movie for you.

fts3.gif

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I love to see growth/time lapse photos that way (as long as it doesn't become a signature)! ;D

Unfortunately, rotating gifs create a real distraction when they appear as signatures (multiple times) in a thread! ::shudder::

your not kidding phyl.. things look great wendy hard to tell from the time lapse.. looks like you moved a few things around inbetween also

Wow, awesome, Greg. When I first looked at the "pulsing" picture I thought "Whoah...lay off the wine, Wendy", until I saw you had created it. ;D

I didn't move anything around, but I actually got rid off some stuff (orange crush acan), and severely trimmed my tabling millis because they were beginning to fight, with the green one winning the battle. ;)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think it moves so much because you weren't standing in the same spot, so the perspective changes from on photo to the next. In one photo you're off to the right and in the next one you're centered better ;D

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
GregW said:
Wendy,
If you can start taking the pictures from the same spot I can make a time lapse movie for you.

fts3.gif

I think I'm getting seasick! :p

Actually it's pretty neat if the photos are taken in the same spot/focal lenght/etc.

Wendy trying using some tape on the floor to mark your spot. That way you'll be standing in the same place. Would work better with a tripod

Bob, thanks for the tips. I'll use the tripod with ALL pics next time, and will mark the spot for the FTS.

Greg, now I'm dizzy. :eek:

I resized some pictures and will try and post them next to each other. Hope this works.

BlueTort1.jpg
BlueTort2.jpg

GermanGreenwithBlue1.jpg
GermanGreenwithBlue2.jpg

PealBerry1.jpg
ORAPearlBerry2.jpg

ShadesofFall1.jpg
ShadesofFall2.jpg

UpscalesMacrocladus1.jpg
UpscalesMacrocladus2.jpg

UnknownAcro1.jpg
UnknownAcro2.jpg

wendy, i think i told you this before but i think you may have the best looking tank i've seen on here (if not the best- def top 5!)

yeah, it really is a beautiful tank. I always show people your pics when I'm trying to explain how beautiful reef tanks can be.