• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fake Koralia???

Comment removed. Adds nothing productive to the thread. Please continue to keep this thread productive or we will need to close it. Thanks for your cooperation.

.... we're just talking bout cheap equipment for a fish tank..... i think we all need a perspective break

i think a coooool down is in order, i like to think of us as a group that if something is said that hurts feeling that's it's based on a dislike for someones personality, not gender or creed. that was a joke. but this club is made up of a very diverse crowd and i really do believe that we are ALL very open minded, and fair people.... i think we should refocus on weather this is quality equipment or crap equipment.... i think that is the root of the topic...

JRWOHLER said:
Calaxa I don't know what you are talking about to be blunt...actually Tom contributed something to the thread.

Jonathan was it from the supplier in China, the seller on eBay from (US or China), or US distributor? I am happy that you got good customer service, I certainly hear you about the cost of reefing if a student or not.

It was actually from the guy who runs http://www.reefshops.com/ (basically, the same guy in China who sells the pumps on Ebay).

The service was top notch. They also have a full year factory warranty on all the pumps, IIRC.

It was actually from the guy who runs http://www.reefshops.com/ (basically, the same guy in China who sells the pumps on Ebay).

The service was top notch. They also have a full year factory warranty on all the pumps, IIRC.
[/quote]

Well it sure does look like the service is top notch. I would prefer to buy US made but I can see the person does a super job with cust service.

It's a good thing for him, too, because I could see it being an extra huge turnoff for the guy to be a "jerk" AND to be running a foreign (especially Chinese) company!

Post edited for content. Thanks for understanding.
your neighborly moderator,
Hawkeye

calaxa said:
Response removed. Adds nothing productive to the thread. Please continue to keep this thread productive or we will need to close it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Whoa... My comment was about product, look at the track record of products coming from china... Pet food that killed hundreds of animals, led in children's toys, bacteria in food and fires caused by faulty equipment. Just that products that come out of China and the lack of QC, how many pets need to die, how many houses need to burn, how many people need to get sick.... how much more risk are people willing to take??? There is a reason why a lot of products from China are not UL listed. The more people buy these products the less likely they will change the QC and rectify the issues.

Edited to keep meaning in tact but remove references to unproductive, irrelevant remarks.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have edited this thread to remove all of the unproductive and irrelevant remarks. I think that we all need to keep in mind that, even as passionate as our responses can be in relation to our individual situations, we're all looking toward the same common goals. We're a family and should treat one another that way. Always assume the best of people here. 99 times out of 10 that's how it is meant.

I hope that you understand. Feel free to PM me if you think I've left a remark that is inflamatory.

That said... if we can't keep the thread productive it will be locked and removed from the forum. Nobody wants that. Especially not me.

Even though the price is right and i am on a tight budget myself, I would feel leery about putting something into salwater that is'nt UL listed Just my opinion

I concur with your statement 100%, Mike, especially since the Koralias are extremely affordable to even the most stringent reefers.

Hopefully I'll be allowed this one comment: I like nothing more but to keep our economy in tact and will buy American whenever possible.

JerseyWendy said:
I concur with your statement 100%, Mike, especially since the Koralias are extremely affordable to even the most stringent reefers.

Hopefully I'll be allowed this one comment: I like nothing more but to keep our economy in tact and will buy American whenever possible.

I will, too, but Koralias are not American. ;)

Hirobo said:
Even though the price is right and i am on a tight budget myself, I would feel leery about putting something into salwater that is'nt UL listed Just my opinion

I've run Resun pumps in the past and never once was "shocked". I think you'd read more horror stories online about them if people were actively getting shocked and such.

This isn't Jebo we're dealing with where your home can burn down because of the quality control...

Got to throw my 2 cents in. I have 2 koralias and found they are OK. Sometimes after shutting down pumps to feed, they don't start up right, weak flow, unplug, plug it works. This happens on both. Oh the snails !! Always seem to get into the koralia.

You're right... :)