• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

False advertising?

Nothing worse than ordering this from one of our sponsors:
U46.jpg

and getting this:
IMGP1820.jpg

I'll let you know who the sponsor is if it doesn't color up soon.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lighting and maybe nutrients. I hope it spruces back up for you. I'm hoping it turns into what it was originally pictured to be. Because THOSE would be beautiful.

According to the website the zoa was posted for sale on 5/15 so I'm assuming the photo was taken at the same time. I ordered it last week and got it today. I don't think it could loose that much color since 5/15 unless it was under a rock. :mad: I have it under a 250w 12k Reeflux. Could it possibly look like his picture under T5s or VHOs?

wow Greg , i hate to say it but that is not the same zoo , hopefully it was a mistake on there part and did not realize it , and they can make it up to you let us know what happen .

This is the response I just got. I'm editing out names for now:

Seller:
Greg look like they loss some of there coral. What kind of lighting do you have?

On 5/29/08, Greg White <bamboo@comcast.net> wrote:
250w 12k Reeflux

Seller:
Ok, we are using 14k Phoneix. See if they color up if not we will add in some more on your next order. Put it under High lighting

Can a zoa change this much overnight? Is a 12k Reeflux that much different than a 14k phoenix?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The picture was actually taken on 5/7/2008 at 4:12 in the afternoon. That gives them 3 weeks to have lost their color. It would be interesting to see a current picture from the sister frag left behind.

The file was last modified on 5/15/2008 at 5:06 pm (probably resized).

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's a pretty far stretch but they may color up closer to the picture given some time. Your frustration is understandable Greg.

I think Greg's willingness to give it some time and the sponsors willingness to make it right will end in an acceptable outcome.

So lets wait and see.

FWIW, my last bulb was a 14k phoenix and it was ridiculously blue, most of my old pics in my old tank are very pink blue purple from the blue that bulb put out.

Either way there is no way that a that 14k phoenix will make that coral look like the other pic.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've done many experiments with zoos and lighting. Even made my own colors. It usually takes about 2 weeks for an eye to see the color start changing.
For you to get that color back, keep them closer to your actnics. For some reason, zoos do retain more color from a higher K rated bulb and will hold that color for a few weeks without a higher K bulb.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I think the sponsor probably was using a lot of Actinic supplementation in addition to their Phoenix 14K bulbs. That's the only explanation I can think of for the greens popping out in addition to water chemistry. Probably also dosing Vit-C

I like phylis' idea. Any chance on getting an updated picture under their lighting?

Commend you too, Greg, for being patiant and your willingness to give the sponsor a chance to make it right.

Time will tell if they change into what you bought . It sounds loike you and the vendor can work it out . The only thing is if it doesnt color up I dont think it should bve added to your next order,like the vendor suggested. I think the vendor should do right without you having to order again.

i bought the same frag gregw mine look exactly the same i have a t-5 setup im very disappointed def not buying from mr.coral again!!!

Not so fast Jabis. This is what mine look like two weeks later under a 250w mh -

IMGP2035.jpg

Put them up as high as you can under the t5s. Ours must have come from the underside of the colony ;)