• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Favorite Tang

Your top 4 Tangs

• Purple

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Desjardini

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Powder Brown

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Orange Shoulder

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Blonde Naso

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Hippo

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Mimic Eibli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Achilles

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have one that was labeled as a flame fin tommy tang. is kinda greyish blue in color with bright orange fins (tips/outline) that's my favorite his is very showy alittle shy but even tempered. I also have a yellow tang but its showing signs of the lateral line erosion which im told is common and can be slowed by making sure they have plenty of greens to eat but as much as he eats it doesn't seem to slow or show signs of change. over all he is healthy looking though.

falconut

NJRC Member
I know people think the YT is just so common & plain, but to me it just the standard for a SW tank. Plus, whenever I've looked at any of my tanks, it's always the one that really pops the most from across the room. So long as I have a tank big enough, I'll have a YT. Now, I also have a Sailfin, Naso & a Hippo. They're all beautiful fish. I just like the YT the best.

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
I have one that was labeled as a flame fin tommy tang. is kinda greyish blue in color with bright orange fins (tips/outline) that's my favorite his is very showy alittle shy but even tempered. I also have a yellow tang but its showing signs of the lateral line erosion which im told is common and can be slowed by making sure they have plenty of greens to eat but as much as he eats it doesn't seem to slow or show signs of change. over all he is healthy looking though.
Your flame fin tommy sounds a little like an Achilles, do you have a pic?