• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Feb Meeting Announcement

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
It was another great meeting, huge thanks to Tim and family for graciously opening your home to us. A good time was had by all. I too can't wait to see the monster setup in all its glory. I too would like to offer some muscle when the time comes to move it again. A big thanks to Ultimate Corals and especially Mattez and Asonitez for your your generous raffle donations, you guys rock.

We were glad to do it, we enjoyed everyone's company. Thank everyone for giving me a hand moving "the beast". No sharks for me I'm happy with my tangs. -Astonitez- I may have to charge admission to the aquarium... Someone has to pay for those water changes, I think I found out who.
I'm going to look more into the natureef system it sounds like a good option. Thank everyone for their frag donations, I ended up with a bunch of containers I'm not sure whose they are but will bring next month.
Any advice on acrylic polishing is welcome as I have not yet done it, oh yea elbow grease also welcomed. I have a bit of work ahead of me, would like to have in office with water by end of April but no promises.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Tim. I'll gladly help work on the tank. The product Mike is referring to is called novus. Iv used it on a small scale and it's great stuff. Might I recommend that you fill that sucker before working on buffing. It will give you a better idea of how much time you're going to have to put into that part of it. You might find after a good cleaning the inside is fine. Also once it's filled you'll see scratches that don't usually reveal themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acrylic if it has scratches it must be sanded with wet sand paper going throught about 8 steps of sanding then you can use the novis, believe me i did alot of tanks it takes alot of time.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Acrylic if it has scratches it must be sanded with wet sand paper going throught about 8 steps of sanding then you can use the novis, believe me i did alot of tanks it takes alot of time.

No he did not, he is just taking credit for what Terry did :D

Tim. I'll gladly help work on the tank. The product Mike is referring to is called novus. Iv used it on a small scale and it's great stuff. Might I recommend that you fill that sucker before working on buffing. It will give you a better idea of how much time you're going to have to put into that part of it. You might find after a good cleaning the inside is fine. Also once it's filled you'll see scratches that don't usually reveal themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have read a bit about novus, what I don't understand is if I should be starting with wet sanding around 800 and work to 2000, then use the novus 3 then 2 then 1 with a foam applicator or cloth? I know there are a couple larger scratches, not deep but definatly noticable ones. I do want to fill up first, issues that I'm going to have with that...
1. I don't have a stand built yet so I would have to build a temporay stand on the ground, can't use just foam since the bulk heads are under tank I think 14 in total on the bottom.
2. It is a little cold out and not quite sure how long it will take to fill and empty, I won't want to keep full.
3. I need to defrost a hose...

I'm looking to order what I need to do it, I ordered the router bit to trim the overhang on the tank already.
Thanks tommyboy! I will welcome any and all help, I mean just the front dispaly panel is 36"x 96" I know that it will take a bit.