• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

February 2019 Meeting

February 2019 Meeting
MadReefer's House
Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
This meeting will be held at MadReefer's house.

Address - 500-B Thornbury Court, Lakewood NJ, 08701
Please stay to the left for the guardhouse, provide unit number and your name.

My dad and I always had fresh water tanks. We had four going most times from 10g to 29g. They were your basic fish mollies, guppies, gouramis and angels. The mollies and guppies bred like rabbits and even cross bred. I would catch a few and sell them to a LFS for arcade money. I remember going with him to the pet store to purchase, fish, food, and other supplies; there I was always looking at the saltwater fish asking if we could setup a tank. The reply was always ‘no’ they are too hard to care for and expensive. So through the years I kept a fresh water tank on and off. One day I traded in all my African Rift lake cichlids for credit to setup my first salt water tank, a 33g flat back hex, fish only. I upgraded / downgraded a few times and currently have a 72g bow front reef ready tank.

I have bad Dino outbreak for over six months and treated with Vibrant and peroxide dosing and several blackouts. They helped but did not eradicate them. I have added Marine Pure blocks and a UV Sterilizer recently to assist while doing a seven day blackout.

Current setup consists of: 72g bow front RR, Two LED full spectrum lighting 180w each, Eshopps sump and an internal Eshopps skimmer.

Due to a rash of burglaries here I have to provide the guard with everyone’s name by Fri before the event. When you RSVP please list your first name and last name initial, if you are unsure of attending please provide this info anyway as it will make getting through gate easier.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Arg. Going to be in Red Bank that Sunday seeing a show about aquatic dinosaurs. Will try to catch the tail end of the meet but unlikely.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looks like I'm returning from Red Bank around 4, was hoping to stop in.
Is this still happening?

EDIT:
Nevermind. Seems I’m a week off. Thought this was today.
So, looks like I can make it next week.

Last edited:
Sorry I can’t make it....girl scout cookie sales and winter league soccer, and my wife has a work obligation so it’s all me that Sunday. Enjoy!

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I just got back from the dr office. I have the flu. I won’t be there Sunday

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Having surgery tomorrow so won’t be able to make it to this one but can’t wait to meet all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erics210

NJRC Member
52674280_10156150888610975_8586774870459678720_n.jpg
Any
52783822_10156150888850975_3411381588502511616_n.jpg
53113415_10156150888945975_4571457417702801408_n.jpg

Anyone have any interest in some Povano Coral frags? AKA potato chip coral.
Or
Pieces from this huge vase coral?
When the original owner broke down his tank to sell this monster there were a bunch of extra broken pieces.
52551332_10156150889090975_6945859963365359616_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Thanks guys for our well wishes glade to be part of this reefing community can’t wait to meet all of you in person. The information I have gotten from all of your is priceless thank you to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk