• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Femininus Wrasse (Blue striped tamarin)

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Many thanks to Will at Aquatic Obsession for giving me the opportunity to acquire this amazing fish. She is gobbling up copepods and mysis in my frag tank. I can honestly say its the nicest fish I have ever seen!

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Darren, Sweet looking fish you have there.Then again I think all of yr stuff is amazing.Good luck with it and that fish is very lucky to be in yr system.

hey darren - that tank the fish is in appears to be either a frag tank or a bare bottom display. Is that ok to do with a wrasse? i thought they wanted a sandbed to sleep in? I think merv tried that once by putting small buckets of tupperware sand (since he wanted bare bottom, but also wrasses).

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Sweet, my all time favorite fish. I'll trade you a huge frag of Xenia and some awesome Kenya trees for her.

Sorry somebody offered me green palys which I am seriously considering!!

hey darren - that tank the fish is in appears to be either a frag tank or a bare bottom display. Is that ok to do with a wrasse? i thought they wanted a sandbed to sleep in? I think merv tried that once by putting small buckets of tupperware sand (since he wanted bare bottom, but also wrasses).

Phil, yes as stated in the OP, the fish is in my frag tank, which is where all my new fish go for 2 weeks so that they can adjust to the system without being harassed and I can observe the fish. Out of the picture there is a rectangular tupperware filled with the sand that she has been sleeping in each night.

I was considering buying this wrasse but thought geez I already have three different wrasses in my tank and besides that, they are such a "beginner" type of fish. That is why I bought the Magnificent Fox-face that AO had. I really wanted a challenge and thought the FF was more of an "expert" only fish. So far it has been over a week in my tank and doing wonderful. Good luck on the wrasse it sure is nice looking. Some of it's colors are reminiscent of the Fancy Guppies I had when I was five.