• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Femininus Wrasse (Blue striped tamarin)

Hey Darren, how are you? Awesome looking fish. Good luck with it! Don't know which is nicer looking ... that fish or some of those prized chalices that you have!

Ray

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hey Darren, how are you? Awesome looking fish. Good luck with it! Don't know which is nicer looking ... that fish or some of those prized chalices that you have!

Ray

Hi Ray, all is great here. I was just thinking that I havent heard from you in a while. Hope all is well with you...

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Sadly, I found her dead today. If there was ever a fish that I wanted to have live it was this one. Truly an amazing and spectacular fish. I was concerned yesterday when she only came out of the sand for 2 hours although she did eat. She was just not acting right and I had a bad feeling and sure enough, my fears where confirmed. They are known very poor shippers and I have a feeling something went wrong in the trip from California to the LFS. I even had my tank at a cool 74 degrees as these are a coolwater fish. Some fish are just best left in the ocean and I believe this is one of them. :(

Sorry to hear that Darren. Anampses Genus wrasses have a dismal survival rate. And it's not neccesarily because they aren't tough customers. Everything I've read says that once adapted many in the Genus can be quite hardy, it's just the shipping that gets to them, and also, like the Macropharyngodon genus wrasses, the tamarins are constant pickers (when young).

Last edited:

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Thanks guys, I knew the risks that came with the fish and the issue with shipping. Perhaps if another comes available and its adapted at the LFS I will try it again, but only under those circumstances.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ugh, really sorry to hear this Darren. She was a truly spectacular fish.

I wonder if it was too much change in such a short time? How long did it get a chance to settle in at the LFS before you brought it home?