• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

filling Dual Overflow tank...Floor not Level....

guys...I started filling a 150 rr tank. This area of my house is on a Concrete slab....I'm 3/4 of an inch off!! quite a bit in 6 feet!......a few questions come to mind....before water gets to the top.
1. If I do nothing....I think all of my water will flow from 1 side only...true??
2. Even if i had a wave maker on the deep side...and water flowed through the shallow end....Would the effiencey be disupted??
3. Can I "block" most of the water drains on the deep side and raise the depth so water drains equally.....If so...has anyone did something like this ...what should I use...Some plastic of some sort and some silicone.....any suggestions??

thanks for any advice!!

I just did this on my 5' tank, I was surprised too. I used some 2" square 1/4" thick metal pieces my neigbor had, and hit them with some Rustoleum paint so they wouldn't rust right away.I was afraid to use wood because I thought it might compress too much under the huge weight.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
3/4" is a lot. Nothing you can do inside the tank is going to help. You have to work on the outside of the tank otherwise there is a high possibility of disaster. My 215 gallon was 1/4" off level from one side to the other and I didn't want to take a chance.

As I see it, you basically have 2 options:

1) Level the ground below the stand: This is assuming that your stand is level to begin with. This can be done by either using self leveling cement under the stand or shimming it with wood, metal, etc.

2) Level the top of the stand: This can be done by using a piece of plywood on the stand and then using self leveling epoxy on top of it.

The 1st option would be cheaper but relies entirely on your expertise with shimming, etc.

The 2nd option is more expensive but is guaranteed because it will take into account your flooring, stand, plywood, dents in the wood, etc.

PM me if you nee help with the second option.

Dan

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had the same problem in the spot that I wanted to put my tank as well. Except it was a *bit* more uneven than 3/4"

Here's what was done to fix the problem:

pouredconcrete2.jpg

frameremoved2.jpg

paintedconcrete.jpg