• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Filter Socks..How do you clean them?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wash mine in the washer with a bit of bleach and let them air dry (for a long time) before using.

Turn inside out, wash in washer with bleach, no soap. A second rinse cycle. Air dry for at least a week before using. As long as you don't smell bleach on it, you'll be good.

I use the same method as bob. Seems to work pretty well. Don't really trust washing anything with chemicals. That's just my opinion.

Personally I never used them because I hate hate hate washing things (heck I don't even do my own laundry...but that's because my wife thinks I'm the WORST folder in the history of mankind) (you guys should try that trick!).

3 for washer 3 for high pressure water...and just me who didn't use em. :D

Although if I were to do it - I'd probably try the high pressure water technique.

One more for washing machine with a tad of bleach. I do turn them inside out. And when the cycle is done I wash them again - just with water and let them air dry. Been doing this ever since I started using them, which has been about 1 1/2 years and never had a problem.

I handwash them inside out and then boil um in RO/DI (no salt) for about 5 min. The discoloration of the sox is irrelevant to me, I never see the thing. Sanatizing for me is done with the boiling + the hyposaline.

I wash them without bleach... 2 rinse cycles. Then I dry them in the dryer and put them back on after they are dry.

After reading this, I might use a touch of bleach. Why do you guys air dry them and not use the dryer? Something to do with the bleach?

The chlorine from the bleach wont gas off just during a dryer cycle. It will take a few days/week. So why not just hang it up and let it air dry and gas off the chlorine.

stcreef said:
The chlorine from the bleach wont gas off just during a dryer cycle. It will take a few days/week. So why not just hang it up and let it air dry and gas off the chlorine.

Good to know. thx

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
hey that sounds like you have something there mott I'm going to start doing the vinegar
rinse first i also don't trust the bleach i know if you dry them you should be ok with my luck something (not good)will happen but hey it looks like it must be ok with so many doing it thanks

I know I keep seeing people say they use bleach but I rally can't see how air drying it would get rid of it after it is washed I wouldn't trust pkutting any chemical like that in my tank.