• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Finally starting up the tank I got 2 years ago

Ok. Update. Tank is still cycling. Tested only nitrate and pH and got the following.

Nitrate: 52.4
PH 7.8
IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpeg
I used an ammonia test strip and definitely still seeing ammonia (hard to tell since its just the color changing kind but maybe about 1.0ppm.

Refugium light crapped out on me. The guy I bought from threw this in free, Iguess I know why. It was the H80 kessil. It was nice and I liked the fact that I could control the light intensity in the future if refugium starts working too well. Any suggestions on what type of fuge light to get? Dont want to apend $100 but maybe I should to have the control of oight intensity? Also has to be able to penetrate deep enough as the refugium is long about 16” height. image.jpg

Was looking into the tunze eco chic light but not sure if it will be enough light.

Finally ready. Did a water change. Finally turned on the lights. Will add a cleaning crew this week. Will read parameters tomorrow to see how things are looking before we add the new guys in my QT tank.IMG_1417.jpegIMG_1416.jpeg

Added some new livestock. Dont ask me the name of the corals I just go after what looks nice to me hahaha. Cant remember coral names for the life of me.

Couldnt get a pic of the wrasse I have. Its Dark pink with some blue. Keeps hiding. IMG_1429.jpegIMG_1430.jpeg

just some updates.

Added GHL controller for to monitor temp and pH. Tank has been pretty stable. Parameters are as follows

pH: 8.1
Alkalinity: 6.8
Nitrate: 28.9
Phosphate: 0.1
Salinity: 1.026
Calcium: 420

Not happy with the alkalinity but dont want to start dosing just yet. Everything looks fine at least. Was using salifert but got hanna dkh so will see what reading I get and compare.

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1488.jpeg
    IMG_1488.jpeg
    952.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1489.jpeg
    IMG_1489.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Been also dealing with what I think is micro bubbles. It makes the tank look a little cloudy. Every1 thinks im crazy but I know I can see it, especially when I look through the side of the tank. Im adding a pic but not sure if you can see it. But no sure what is creating it. Maybe my main pump in the sump?

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpeg
    IMG_1493.jpeg
    785 KB · Views: 3
just some updates.

Added GHL controller for to monitor temp and pH. Tank has been pretty stable. Parameters are as follows

pH: 8.1
Alkalinity: 6.8
Nitrate: 28.9
Phosphate: 0.1
Salinity: 1.026
Calcium: 420

Not happy with the alkalinity but dont want to start dosing just yet. Everything looks fine at least. Was using salifert but got hanna dkh so will see what reading I get and compare.
The tank is looking nice!! Keep up the good work!!
And the alk just trying to bring it up slowly.

Rueric

NJRC Member
Is that a yellow octospawn? i have the same piece and absolutely one of my favorite corals!
as for the micro bubbles, maybe try moving your neros down a little bit. it may be sucking up water from up top?

Full tank shot! Happy holidays!

Upgraded with a doser and controller recently. Got a good deal on R2R. Starting to dose kalkwasser and magnesium.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1582.jpeg
    IMG_1582.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg