• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Finding a tank and stand

I am having trouble finding reef ready tank and stand. I emailed Tropiquarium but didn't get a response yet. I'd like to shop online as much as possible prior to making the trip to stores. Any suggestions? I am looking for glass 120g 48" wide in a brown or cherry.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Call Trop and ask if they have a 120 in stock, if they don't they will order one and they will call you when it comes in.

That's what I did. ;)

Last edited:

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Trop by far has best prices on tank. They may not respond to email fast enough, but you should call them as Brian suggested above.

In addition to Trop call hidden reef and fish factory. They will both out do each others price. Trop is a bit cheaper but gas/time from may make the places closer a better value.

I emailed Trop twice asking for quotes on a tank and they never got back. If you have time than maybe a trip that way could be worth it. They have a great display & frag tanks so you might find some ideas or something you did'nt know you wanted.

I called them, very helpful. I'm looking at an r&j xtreme honey, 48x24"...they want $950 plus tax. How is that price, this includes the reef ready tank.

Tank and stand, no canopy. I don't think I am going to go with a canopy....I REALLY wanna go rimless but it seems pricey.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Based on the price of the tank and stand, it is most likely the Deep Blue 120RR for $370.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tank is decent, it's all 3/8" tempered glass with beveled edges. Bulkheads that come with it are total junk, so pick up some new 3/4" & 1" bulkheads. I also replaced the return lines with real loc-line hose and fittings.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The R&J stands are more expensive ($500+) than a standard pine stand for a 120, that will run you around $230. There are some other options/ manufacturers as well.