• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Finnex 32 M-Tank acrylic

Hello everyone. I am new here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I am from Clifton. I set up my first reef 2 months ago. After about 6 months researching reef tanks and nanos in particular I decided to go with the CAD 34g. Too bad that tank sold out the day before I was going to place my order. Disappointed I looked at the Solana, RSM and the Finnex 30 glass. Not satisfied with the lack of a fuge on the first 2 and I disliked the trim on the Finnex 30 I finally decided on the acrylic Finnex 32 M-tank. Well after 2 months running I am very happy. The stock Finnex skimmer works wonders even though I have heard the opposite from others. OK enough talk, time for pics.

The beginning....

P1010197.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010220.jpg

P1010216.jpg

P1010215.jpg

P1010202.jpg

P1010236.jpg

More to come....

MikeNapoli said:
Very cool. I like it alot. Where did you get the complete set up?

... Oh yeah and Welcome to NJRC.

Thanks, I got everything from all different places.

A little more info on my system.

Tank: Finnex 32gallon acrylic 32M-Tank from Oceanreeflections.com
150W 10,000K HQI 2x24W T5HO actinics 13W PC refugium light

Stand: 50-65gal black Petco.com

RO/DI: 6stage 100gpd Purewaterclub Ebay

Supplies: Bigals & Thatpetplace

Live rock: 32lbs Tonga Lalo Marinedepot

thanks everyone! Some more pics.

Old pic of the back, before chaeto.
P1010279-1.jpg

32lbs Tonga Lalo Marinedepot.
P1010244.jpg

1st aquascape attemp.
P1010246.jpg

2nd attempt.
P1010262.jpg

3rd attempt, which I like the best but I tore it down. It didn't look natural and was bothering me a bit.
P1010304.jpg

By buddy Fatty Cat, had to throw her in :)
P1010251-1.jpg

Last and hopefully last aquascape attempt, 1 month ago. A little GHA in the last pics as nitrates were kinda high at the end of cycle. Weekly 1/3 water changes have brought the trates down to less then 5ppm and whatever my CUC ate has not returned.
P1010270.jpg

P1010279-2.jpg

All pics are old, I will take new ones as soon as remember to buy batteries for my camera.

Livestock so far.
1 occelaris clown
1 firefish goby
3 scarlet reef hermits, had 5, 2 were murdered by bluelegs.
10 blue leg hermits
20 astrea snails, might be giving 5 or so away.
7 nass. snails, had 10, 3 were murdered by bluelegs.
1 cleaner shrimp
11 head blue mushroom rock, has grown to 16 heads in only 3 weeks :)

Great start Joe!!

They do make a sweet looking system. I still sort of miss the Garfield 'scape. LOL

And oh yea, About that first picture. Just behind the tank and to the right....

YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT KID!!!

Sorry man, couldn't help myself! ::)

LOL thats was a little present to myself. Something my parents never let me have when I was a kid, so I had to get one last time I was in North Carolina.

Hello Scarfish nice setup! I just bought a JBJ 28 HQI and was looking at Finnex for a while they have some nice stuff. How much was the Rock? I will prob have to purchase the same amount for my tank.

Thanks

great choice! I love that tank. Looks great so far. Just curious, how deep is the tank from the front to the chamber divider wall?

CONSTANTNE said:
great choice! I love that tank. Looks great so far. Just curious, how deep is the tank from the front to the chamber divider wall?
Its 11 1/2" from the front to the back wall. At 30" wide its alot wider then deep. I think a wider tank for a nano gives more the illusion of being bigger then you can get with a cube shape.

lithivm said:
Hello Scarfish nice setup! I just bought a JBJ 28 HQI and was looking at Finnex for a while they have some nice stuff. How much was the Rock? I will prob have to purchase the same amount for my tank.

Thanks

I paid $199 shipped next day from Marinedeopt, I think it would have been $12 cheaper with 2nd day shipping.

That is a damn nice tank.. Congratulation on the startup. Looks Saweeeeeeeeet! Any idea at this point of total costs to date? Just curious for those considering a nano this size and what it takes. Can't wait to see more progress photos.. Keep up the great job!

Thanks. Yeah I know all too well what it cost so far. The tank by itself was $649 shipped from oceanreeflections.com, but I bought everything from scratch and this is the list.

tank
live rock
live sand
stand
bucket reef crystals salt
RO/DI unit
refractometer
Koralia 3
test kits
Kent marine tech CB parts A & B
Mag-float
2 thermometers