• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Finnex 32 M-Tank acrylic

Picked up/saved a fish from Petco. A black misbar O. clown. Paired up with my orange O. clown right away. They now are best buds. The smaller clown which is the orange one seems to be the more dominant one. Missing a little piece of his tail but it'll grow back.

DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

Are we doing quotes from that movie?....man that was a great movie...

"oooooooooooh fudge!" (except ralphie didn't say fudge...LOL!).

I know I am probably the only one here - but I really like that firefish! Mine always preferred the carpet... :-\ :'(

My one quick soap-box semi-flame (Sorry)...I never ever buy anything from petco. I'd so much rather they get out of the SW for sale business and focus somewhere else. Us purchasing fish from them only encourages them to get more. Ok - done.

Great tank and keep the pics coming!

phil519 said:
Are we doing quotes from that movie?....man that was a great movie...

"oooooooooooh fudge!" (except ralphie didn't say fudge...LOL!).

I know I am probably the only one here - but I really like that firefish! Mine always preferred the carpet... :-\ :'(

My one quick soap-box semi-flame (Sorry)...I never ever buy anything from petco. I'd so much rather they get out of the SW for sale business and focus somewhere else. Us purchasing fish from them only encourages them to get more. Ok - done.

Great tank and keep the pics coming!

Yeah I always said I would never buy anything from Deathco myself. I was completely intoxicated when I walked in. One more thing I should never do when drunk, go to Petco. The fish is looking alot better already. The missing tail part has fully grown back and now shes the star of and owner of the tank.

In other news, I performed a 50% WC today and am excited to report for the first time since the tank was started 2 1/2 months ago 0ppm nitrates. Always had a small but measurable amount 10ppm or less. I am now confident my system is fully stable and will begin filling with corals.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats on having your parms in check. Great score on the fish. I love the blue shrooms. They're beautiful.

New additions.

Hammer.
DSCF0412.jpg

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

Some kind of green palys i'm assuming. Theres some orange ones on the other side of the rock.
DSCF0405.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

Ugly red/brown zoas. Has about 75 polyps.
DSCF0418.jpg

I already had these but took some new pics while I was at it.
DSCF0417.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

New FTS.
DSCF0415.jpg

Thanks guys.

Other livestock will be a little bit of everything, a truly mixed reef. But I wont be adding any SPS or clams for another 7 months or so. At that time I will be fragging softies, shrooms, zoas and selling them cheap locally to make some room for SPS. I am finished adding fish, 3 is enough. I am also not adding any more inverts, besides corals of course. Everything will be added slowly, maybe a small frag every 2 weeks or so.

I love the look of your tank. (I like the lines much better than the 30g glass.)
The only glass tank that looks similar is the Cadlights 39g signature.

Have you had any issues with the acrylic scratching? That is really the only thing keeping me from ordering one today.

styx said:
I love the look of your tank. (I like the lines much better than the 30g glass.)
The only glass tank that looks similar is the Cadlights 39g signature.

Have you had any issues with the acrylic scratching? That is really the only thing keeping me from ordering one today.

So far so good with scratches. No coralline has grown on the acrylic yet so I don't know yet what problems I will run into yet cleaning.