• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Firefox Issue

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anyone else have issues with Firefox and staying logged on to the site. Every time I use the site, I have to go into the forums and re-log on. It looks like I'm logged on on the home page but I'm actually not. Can't see the shout box, the "Show unread posts since last visit" link and a couple other things are missing as well. I try the Logout button on the home page but it does nothing. I've tried deleting all cookies but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rich. I had that same problem. I use IE7 to view the site now. Was getting tired of signing in every time with FireFox.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea Mike, no problem w/ IE or Chrome. But IE is way slow anymore and Chrome locks me up sometimes. Firefox is good sans my login problem with the site.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Right. That was my only problem with it to. I chose slower for this site then going to the forum page then signing in a few times a day. I asked a few computer people about the problem and they couldn't fix it for me.

With Mozilla The only problems I have are that the new threads dont show up when I first boot up the PC in the morning
IE was really screwing up, Locking up all the time now I only use Mozilla also most of my Spyware disappeared

Jason

I use FF and don't have that issue.
I do have issues w/IE. Everything takes forever to load (only on this site). It's painful.

Same issue with Rich, except it would NEVER sign me on, but the name/password says saved.

I use Safari now. IE is toooooo slow for me and crashes on my Dell

I'm using FF, and never had any problems with it. Updated to the newest version yesterday - no problemo, everythin's working great.

IE was much too slow for me as well, and the regular crashing annoyed me tremendously.

try out the Mozilla Forums rich they also have a chat room too.. pretty knowledgeable people there.. Mine only logs me out every so often then i just sign back in. FF is safer and much faster than IE

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
the file: cookies.sqlite needs to be deleted

close firefox

in Windows XP

start > run > type %appdata% in run box (include % charters)

Open folders: mozilla > firefox > profiles > jdvvuco.default

delete file

restart firefox and login with forever checked.

worked for me.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Rich, I just started using fire fox in my laptop for the last weekand I am having the same problem. Odd how it stores the login name/password, but does not work on the homepage. It wouldn't even let me logout!

perfect timing, I had forgotten this thread and I was just about to post on this same subject.

Taz