• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish market around old bridge

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
hey guys I need to find a fish market to buy fresh clam, oyster and mussel. For a regal angel.
Any thoughts?

Sorry I don’t do seafood so no clue where to look. Google not helping sending me to restaurants

Go to the Keyport Fishery. Depending on where you live in Old Bridge (I grew up there) it’s pretty close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hong Kong Supermarket 265 NJ-18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Asian Food Market 79 S Main St, Marlboro Township, NJ 07746

I've never been to these places so check em on Yelp or Google reviews. These markets are sometimes hit and miss regarding clams/mussels.

I really like this place but it's a hike for you:
H-mart. 1761 Route 27 E Lincoln Hwy, Edison, NJ 08817

They sometimes have 3 different kinds of "little neck" clam that are kept in tanks of saltwater. You scoop them out yourself into the self service bags and then bring it to the fish mongers to weigh.

I may be near there on Friday and could check inventory for you if you want.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Thanks @Hawkeye.

I appreciate the heads up. When my son goes back to school next week. I m going to have to check h Mart out. I forgot all about it.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
And btw @Hawkeye Welcome back to the site. Do you still hang over at ao?

Sorry! correction my wife told me H mart is sold out on the live short-necks I was thinking of. I'm not sure if they had anything else. She was there today.

Ah sorry I have been MIA. I will try and be more diligent coming here.