• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish not meant to be

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
PetCo had a nice Fu Manchu lion fish so put it on hold. Went back to get it and it did not make it. With the 30% off was a great price to bad.

So picked up a Pakastani Butterfly and 2 small red sccooters.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Was in earlier. Picked up a tube anem, a juvenile snowflake clown, a Randolf's goby, 3 emerald crabs, a beauty of a 3" raspberry acro, and a tuxedo urchin.
With the sale it just cleared $100.
Arr, twas a good fish shoppin day.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was looking for that acro, saw it Fri. The tube nem I saw Fri did not look good.
Mine was shy of $60.

Missed that one 30% would of been nice. Anyone know when the dallor gallon sale comes back my daughter what's a tank for her room.

Have you checked ACC? They have 40% off fish & invertebrates sale going on. I dont need anything right now but thinking I might just be stopping by (temptation can always get me in trouble) lol.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Wish the 75g tanks Petco sells(50% discount now) could be drilled on side panel for an exterior overflow. It's a good price

eholceker

NJRC Member
PetCo had a nice Fu Manchu lion fish so put it on hold. Went back to get it and it did not make it. With the 30% off was a great price to bad.

So picked up a Pakastani Butterfly and 2 small red sccooters.

Hope the pakastani isnt going in reef tank.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Are you sure they can’t?

I called Petco to ask if they had them in stock. Brick told me that Toms River is the only one that carries 75g. Call Toms River and they do have 11 of them in stock. They told me to call Aqueon regarding tempered glass since the box on the tank does not state what kind of glass. Aqueon said that the panels on the 75g are all tempered. :(

I called Petco to ask if they had them in stock. Brick told me that Toms River is the only one that carries 75g. Call Toms River and they do have 11 of them in stock. They told me to call Aqueon regarding tempered glass since the box on the tank does not state what kind of glass. Aqueon said that the panels on the 75g are all tempered. :(
That stinks. But great job researching

eholceker

NJRC Member
It is. Willing to chance it for a beautIful fish.

Yikes. They are definitly coral eaters. Will destroy LPS and softies. With SPS they will pick off the polyps so you may n ok t have any polyp extension. I experimented with multiple Chaetodon butterflies and the only one that was remotely s ock somewhat reef safe was the spotfin butterfly. It was also reef safe because I kept a clam on a half shell in the tank at all times for it
It is. Willing to chance it for a beautIful fish.