• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish stuck in rock

Ok the fish isnt stuck there...he just never leaves it. Its a huge rock and i want to take it out to rescape everything but how do you get a fish out without hurting it? Its a white tiger goby

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Does it come out when you feed all the other fish in the tank? Or maybe he's more Nocturne on comes out at night when you're sleeping

Does it come out when you feed all the other fish in the tank? Or maybe he's more Nocturne on comes out at night when you're sleeping
Hes very shy...i never see him, i thought he died 3 times now, because the only time i see him is when i pull the rock

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hes very shy...i never see him, i thought he died 3 times now, because the only time i see him is when i pull the rock
That's the same as our pom pom crab in our 90 display tank we see him every once in awhile and not very often

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
In the past in our nanos we had barnacle blennies and other fish that loved to hide in the rocks. If we wanted to reaquascape the tank we would make sure we had a bucket with a few inches of water from the tank in it and place the rock in there while we were doing the scape. Just be relatively quick about it and have it planned out. Also, try to keep the part of the rock that is in the sand still in the sand, that way you won't trap anyone.