• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish tail/fins

I was thinking that given all the bacteria and what not in a tank - if the fish's fins are being bitten/nipped at - then it could get infected, or potentially stress the fish out thereby causing a negative immune response...which promptly results in ich/velvet...

I would take the injured fish out and place it in QT for closer monitoring.

I'm actually buying it from a local reefer. One of my other concern was that the fish will be stressed out and get ick. I will keep an eye on it when I bring it home.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would only worry about it getting stress induce ich if it was a tang. They seem to fare worse there than most other fish.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
It is a Blue Tang, if it is the one I am thinking of.

I saw it today, it didn't look too bad and unless it gets beat up again, they should grow back. Just make sure you soak the food in garlic. :D

Yes momo, I'm getting Dans fish. Hopefully my other fish play nice with it. I actually ordered some garlic food with the group buy so, I'm looking forward to helping it get better.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The fin will grow back but it could take a while. You will start seeing growth once the rips have healed. I once had a clown fish that had one of its pelvic fin completely torn off by its mate but it grew back. Took about 5 months though.