• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Foam Bubbles?!

I have this stuff around the top of my tank floating for awhile, Cant figure it out why its there. I had my tank aerated last night because of the Chem-Clean stuff for the red slime. I turned the skimmer back on and they subsided, now they are back as they were last night, no idea why. Moved the two Korolla Powerheads (1's) around but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

it sounds like the acumulated proteins on the surface of your water are not breaking up via a skimmer or overflow. you need to consider adding another pump and aiming it at the surface to break it up. Or just do more frequent water changes targeting the surface.

Ryan didn't you say you had the overflow for your remora but weren't using it? Might want to try it to see if that helps... you can lean your rocks against it if needed as I know it takes up a lot of room in the tank. Can you post a photo of what the bubbles/stuff looks like?