• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

For sale forum?

Tried to check up on one of my threads and found nothing there. What’s going on? Are we not able to sell anything anymore?

mheaven, it was decided to help the club keep their current non-profit status. If you would still like to sell local, may I suggest the NJRC section of reefcentral. You'll also be hitting some of the neighboring clubs that way as well.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
But it is paying for and providing the service and system so others can make money on their sales.

Ok others are making money with sales. I can’t argue that. But I still don’t understand how it affects the non-profit status. NJRC is not selling anything members are the ones selling.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The intent and focus of the site, per our 501c3, is and must remain education, information exchange. The for sale forum was beginning to overshadow the intent of the forums with the volume of posts. As a result we have closed it down. We have done this under advisement of legal counsel to protect our 501c3 status, which is of utmost importance to the organization. Thanks for your understanding.

I have no problem with losing that forum but on a side note, anything I ever sold was for a loss of what I paid for it.and most if not all things sold after takin into account what is spent in this hobbie is sold at a loss + it helps those that need equip.ect. purchase it for far less money.

reeferwanabe said:
I have no problem with losing that forum but on a side note, anything I ever sold was for a loss of what I paid for it.and most if not all things sold after takin into account what is spent in this hobbie is sold at a loss + it helps those that need equip.ect. purchase it for far less money.

My thoughts exactly. However, when you get people that try to abuse a system, no matter how good it is, the easiest thing to do is get rid of it. You can still use the WTB area if you are looking for something, and as someone else stated you can post things for sale on the NJ section of RC....

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
reeferwanabe said:
Times are hard for a lot of people nowadays .. but you can always buy off the vendors