• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Formalin

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Get some quick cure. That is a mix of malacite green and formalin. Petco and petsmart carry it. Dose 3 drops / gallon. Keep for 48 hours and then do 25% water change.

You can also do a fresh water dip for some temporary relief.

Good luck.
Sunny

Thanks Sunny, ever heard of safety stop? Aquatic obsession has it and it's a quick dip for new fish. Comes in 2 parts Formalin (Part A) and Methylene Blue (Part B). Problem is I have copper in my qt right now so I guess I have to get that out first.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I would go with the quik cure as sunny suggested. The saftey stop concentration is made for one gallon of water. Best of luck!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I have used quick cure and copper in conjunction. I have learned that clowns and wrasses do not like copper.
I would get quick cure and dose. It is cheap and available at petco/petsmart.

Will at AO might have it too. If not, I have some here if you need it.

P.S ==> I have no idea about safety stop.

Can only talk about what I have used. Note == Instructions say a drop a gallon but I always did 3 drops per gallon as it is saltwater.

Quick cure was not available anywhere bit I found rid ick plus by kordon the has the same ingredients.

If you have a Walmar store close try to get the quick cure there, they also sell it.

Garlic paste also works for me.......put a little bit in the food an in the water.

Good luck.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I was at tropiquarium today and they have plenty of quick cure in stock.

Sunny

I found some in walmart thanks juano908. I'm using the formalin I got online for dips and the quick cure in the tank. my clowns looking better, at what point do I stop treatment and let him relax in QT for a while?

Pics: