• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Found this in my rock work...I.D.??

Does anyone know what this is....
It is flat, slimy, moves kinda like an octopus

dscf0227.jpg

Andy

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I speak with great ignorance…but my guess is that it is not a Cephalopod (octopus family), but still could be part of the Mollusca Phylum. My second guess is Echinoderm Phylum…sea cucumber. Hard to tell from a static picture without seeing it up close and personnel…and that’s assuming it has no bones. So I add nothing but some hand waving and hot air!

My first question….where did your rock come from?

post on RC just for the fact that there is a larger amount of people there to assist. we can only do so much as a small club compared to that site

After looking at those pics. I will agree it is a polyclad (flatworm).

Now is it good or bad?

Can it live in the fuge, or should I flush it?

Andy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I shudder just hearing the words "flatworm". I'd be shooting it with FWE out of principal!

It's a snail eating flatwork.

Will at AO had one in his tank. He was wondering why his snails kept disappearing. Those suckers are RIDICULOUSLY predatory against snails, but it's all they eat. You could keep it if you didn't mind losing snails every now and then.