• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Foxface Lo

So I went in to Captivating Corals today & walked out with a beautiful foxface, I acclimated him via drip & he's been in my tank for about an hour now & he's got black spots off and on and seems to be stressed for some reason, I had a salt spoke and I'm at about a .027/.028 and I'm currently adding rodi water to lower it. The only other tank mates are 2 oci clowns who seem to be just find even with salt spike. Is there anything I can do to make this transition easier? Am I doing something wrong, is this normal? Maybe I'm just paranoid I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to make them as happy as possible.

Sorry for the posts I'm just new, paranoid & filled with questions lol

PS he seems to be fine then get stressed out of no where, he's been hiding beside a rock in the back of my tank almost like he's stuck (he left and came back so I know he's not)

What would I do without you Chris lol, always coming to my aid. I put the tube from the skimmer into the sump since its just water for right now, that way I won't lose so much water, it's running fairly wet

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mine used to darken at night. I would let him be and see how he eats

I agree, it can take a couple of days for some fish to get fully acclimated in there new home. like Chris said, just keep an eye out on him and watch how he eats.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would have recommended quarantining him in a separate, self contained tank (for a minimum of 1 month). That way, you can observe him for parasites and diseases and also get him accustomed to whatever food you will feed him later on. Being alone in a tank will reduce the stress and they will eat better without any competition for the food. Also, if he does have any issues, it will allow you to treat the QT without affecting your main tank.

Placing a new fish directly into your already established tank is risky for both the new fish and all the old fish. If it's carrying anything, it can spread it to all your other fish.

Anyway, good luck with him.

I have to say my Foxface have always looked like nervous nellies. The jump out of the tank, change color all of the time. But they are nice fish.

Watch putting your hand in there as well. They are poisonous. I had one then added a Powder Brown that attacked it up until it got caught with one of the spines and died. Just a word of warning. :)