• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frag holder ?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I decided to make a hang-on holder for my smaller frags since the fish keep knocking them down. Question is I am tossing my dishwasher today and was wondering if I could use the container that you place the utensils in? My concern is did the soap leech into the plastic and could contaminate my tank. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

Do you have any extra Egg-crate laying around? I have a great design for one. I will get a pic of it for you. If you dont have and egg crate I have a few scraps you can have or maybe I'll give you one I have made up if you want to drive to Atlantic City to pick it up. I used to use them when I had my 55 set up but I only have a 29 now, so space is tight.

I've heard some folks use a dollar store soap tray with 2 big old suction cups. Made to suction cup to the side of the sink, and hold soap, sponge etc... Could easily grab one of those, and even add magnets if you wanted to. Might be able to get it high enough depending on frags and tank conditions to keep other things out

I've not done it, but I've seen it. Google...

Here's an easy one to make that I use in my frag tank.
IMGP6260.jpg

I used a fish breeder from pet store,it was the large size that has the openings on both sides very good with water circulation. The only thing that I did was drill 2 holes big enough to insert 2 extra suction cups I had from my maxi jet.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Greg,
Thanks for the idea. I was trying figure out a way to hook over the side. I will change the design to make it enclosed. The idea is to heep fish from picking on them. I think that is the problem with my frags of zoos and small leathers.

Mark

Here is a pic of my frag holder. I'm waiting for my mushroom, GSP, and zoa frags to attached to a rock. then I'm just going to drill some holes on the top of side compartments that fill up with air or just cut them off. hope this gives you some ideas.
IMG_0047.jpg