• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"Frag It Forward"

A few other reef clubs have started a program of trading corals called "Dont Break The Chain". I have talked to Phyl and we thought it could work and be great for this club .

The way it works is that a member "donates" a frag for free ,but with conditions to another member . The donating member sets his own terms/conditions for the trading of this coral . The first condition is that the receiving member must give away the first 2(or more?)frags to other members for free . Donating member can then add other conditions to the donation.

The way the other clubs work it is basically to let it work itself . Letting the donating member set there own rules and track the history of there frag does not make anymore work for the mods/officers.This also keeps it relaxed and not a race to see who responds first to get a "free frag". Getting a free frag should not be the only reason to participate . Its nice to know a frag of your "rare or favorite " coral is in another members tank in case you lose your colony among other benifits .

Bay Area Reefers have been doing this for a while,very succesfully and have some beautiful/rare frags making the rounds in there club. They are also keeping it going and starting a trading chain with Manhatten Reefer Members. There really is no negative side to this program.

I will make a post called "Frag it Forward" in a few days(once the frag heals up nice) to start and see how it works . My frag will be of some nice zoo's . I decided to start with zoo's becaus they are easy to care for,easy to frag and grow quick.

If interested in a program like this please post in this thread ,and if you have any ideas to inhance it please add them to your post .