• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fraging advice

Was looking for some advice on frags if anyone knows of a recent foreum that this was discussed in.Would like to learn. ;D I recently bought some zooa which i was told it had 10-15 zooas on it recently i looked at it and it looks like its has 25-30 on this disk. My thing what should i do after it has reached this point it seems like it outgrow the disk. Should i put it on a piece of live rock glued? or leave it alone? or put on a bigger disk?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Depends on what you plan on doing with them. If you plan on passing them around at some point, I would put a few pieces of rubble rock around them to spread onto. If you plan on having a nice garden in your display, glue the disk to youre rock.

If you plan on keeping them and having a big colony in your tank, then just leave them, but if you might look to either sell or trade some later on put some pieces of rubble rock or discs around them and let them grow onto those pieces and then sell or trade them.

just let it grow man, frag them if they begin encroching on others. i have some Tubbs that have almost filled their disk, once they do i cut 1 or 2 off for buddies but mostly i just let my corals gorw.