• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Free Cheato for November meeting

I really need to trim my cheato. I can bring a couple of handfull bags of it. Let me know who needs some and I will bring it to the meeting.

OH OH I DO, I DO, PICK ME!!
I need chaeto so badly. I will take all you can give. Or we could share. Do you want any Orange Monti Cap to trade for a WHOLE BUNCH??!!

NEED CHAETO BADLY for November meeting pickup

If everyone could bring me some chaeto to the Nov meeting i would appreciate any handouts. I have 350 gal to "filter" with it. I am setting up a different sump.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Renee

Please add your name to the list. I only have enough for five people. I will bring it to the meeting. Thanks

1. Nick
2. ReneeRN

Re: NEED CHAETO BADLY for November meeting pickup

Honestly, you only need a handful to get started. If you have nitrates and phosphates it will grow pretty well and you'll have more then you need in no time. I've recently started adding phosphates to my tank because all my macros and some fauna were dieing off from the lack of phosphates (good problem to have!)

I've got some so when you're getting ready to leave we'll throw some in a big ziploc bag for you.

Carlo

PS This is Cheato I got from RichT a few months back. I've passed it along to 50+ people either in person or as freebies to people who buy rock from me on eBay. (Thanks again RichT)

reneeRN said:
If everyone could bring me some chaeto to the Nov meeting i would appreciate any handouts. I have 350 gal to "filter" with it. I am setting up a different sump.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Renee

I saw in some other threads that at least one other person is bringing some.

Carlo said:
... If you have nitrates and phosphates it will grow pretty well and you'll have more then you need in no time. ...

Single strand grows 3-4" per day in a very strong flow (directly attached to the ouput of the powerhead)

I am doing some experiments with it ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

mladencovic said:
Single strand grows 3-4" per day in a very strong flow (directly attached to the ouput of the powerhead)

I am doing some experiments with it ;D

:eek:

So much for the theory of "slow flow" blah blah blah.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You definitely need light for them to grow. Doesn't have to be anything fancy or high wattage, but you need light. Think "Plants".

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ryan,
I have few old bulb type lights I planned to post after the Holidays. If you need one let me what size. Think I have two at 24" long, maybe one 36".

Mark

hello i was wondering if you still had any of that free cheato at the meeting and if i would Be able to get any thinks

So far these are the people who have contacted me for the cheato:

1. Nick
2. ReneeRN
3.m and m

Two spot left. But I see that others will bring some as well so I think there will be enough to go around.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We'll also have some Chaeto on hand along with some razor caulerpa.