• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FREE - Clove Polyps - Sayreville

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Light brown/tan clove polyps. Looks like flowing hair in the currents of the tank. Free!

Here’s a picture of the colony…I’ll pick off a clump if you’re interested.

IMG_0292.jpg

Waving Hand Zenia, strong grower, best kept isolated or will spread fast. Nice that it is in constant movement with any current. Excellent beginner softy, tolerates nitrates
and prefers feeding with plankton.
Greg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Being the expert I am, with multiple years of experience :eek:, I shall clarify this mess. In searching “Waving Hand,” I am directed to two different corals on liveaquaria. One is Anthelia:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+599+694&pcatid=694

and the second is Xenia:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+599+692&pcatid=692

(I know, they are both in the same family.)

I have both Anthelia and Xenia (the pulsing kind), and they look similar to the pictures found herein. (As a side note, I was amused to see that liveaquaria had these two corals listed as “difficult” and “expert only,” respectively, in regard to their care level.)

The Anthelia and Xenia that I own have a stem-like stalk and when they retract, they basically just shrink. The CLOVE POLPS that I am attempting to give away have a sausage like body to them. When they retract, the palm-like waving end retracts into the sausage shaped body. These are also referred to as Glove Polps as well. You can see them in this link here:

http://www.freshmarine.com/clove-polyp.html

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rod, I believe the only way we can settle this is if you take a large clump of these so that you can study them up close and personal….although I’ll first have to verify that you are, in fact, an “expert.” ;D

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have clove and glove but from all the links posted im very ??? I don't know who is who and what is what anymore.. The clove ones i have are purple and low to the rocks like the one Madreefer linked and the glove seems to be in the one redfishbluefish posted first

OK, I do not know what you guys have at this point but I have the REAL Waving Hand Xenia,
Very Rare and hard to keep (LOL) all you want for free. I can supply Red, green, Blue or combos if requested. (food coloring) (Funny it really works!!!)
Greg

Whitebird1 said:
OK, I do not know what you guys have at this point but I have the REAL Waving Hand Xenia,
Very Rare and hard to keep (LOL) all you want for free. I can supply Red, green, Blue or combos if requested. (food coloring) (Funny it really works!!!)
Greg

food coloring?????????

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Reef Trainee said:
I'd love some if still available. Location could be the deciding factor. Thanx 4 the offer! Want any Kenya trees!?

Still have plenty left. The only thing I ask is that you bring bags or Tupperware type contains to put the polyps in. I’m all out. Let me know when you want to come….my schedule is pretty open (I don’t work), until the soccer season begins at the end of the month. Then I’m out almost every day.

As far as location, the tank hasn't moved....it's still in Sayreville. ;D

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
redfishbluefish said:
Reef Trainee said:
I'd love some if still available. Location could be the deciding factor. Thanx 4 the offer! Want any Kenya trees!?

Still have plenty left. The only thing I ask is that you bring bags or Tupperware type contains to put the polyps in. I’m all out. Let me know when you want to come….my schedule is pretty open (I don’t work), until the soccer season begins at the end of the month. Then I’m out almost every day.

As far as location, the tank hasn't moved....it's still in Sayreville. ;D
;D