• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

From the ground up.

Hello all. This is my first post on this web site. I have a 24 gal Nano, but of course that wasn't good enough. I have begun to put together a 55 gal tank. I am new to salt water but have several fresh water set ups. Ay how, here it is from the ground up. Built completely in my home by me ;D. I started this project on 4/15/07. Yes, tax day :'(. Today, I have just filled it with water, LS and about 35 lbs of LR so far. After the water clears a little I will post a new pic. Comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• stand1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 65
  • stand7.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 74
  • stand5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 86
  • stand3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 75

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks great. I like the stars, it's a nice touch. The "supervisor" in pic 3 looks like he's wondering who blew the break bell, though!

And most importantly:

210_28_02_07_8_35_10.gif
To NJRC!

Thanks for the comments. I have a lot of supervisors ;D Camera phone isn't very consistent so don't worry, I didn't lighten the wood. lol. It actually is the color in the previous pics. Now starts the waiting game. :p

Attachments

• stand12.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 116
  • stand11.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 60
Shame on me! shouldn't have kept anyone hanging. Not much in the way of plumbing pics. I kept it pretty simple for now with 1 inch flexible tubing. I haven't decided on lighting yet so I just have a flourescent fixture on top so I can at least see. Cycle is complete and not even a hint of algae so far. Here' what I got so far. Coral life 220 skimmer, HOB O/F box that runs to a 28 gal rubbermaid refugium. In the fuge I have 25 lbs LS, about 20 lbs LR and some chaeto,(need more)and a 500 gph return pump. Right now I keep a 75 watt grow bulb on 24/7. The only problem I'm having is a build up of air in the U tube for the O/F box. I think it's an accumulation of micro bubbbles from the skimmer. Any suggestions? I'm doing my best to be patient with this tank as I learned a couple of hard lessons when I set up my 24 gal nano with rushing things :mad: Please hit me with questions comments and suggestions. Ultimately I'm looking to keep a couple (2-3) of non aggressive fish and a lot of soft coral.

Attachments

• stand13.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 57
  • fuge.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 62
  • stand14.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 61