• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frozen

Man is it cold. The weather for next week is even worse with tues at -7 before the wind chill!!:miserable:

I love it. Winter is my favorite time. Big downfall though is that all my stuff is in the garage and now I need a new rodi system. It froze solid and 4 of the 5 canisters need to be replaced as well as all the filters. The pump seems to have come out unscathed though. I also lost a 20gal tank that was intended as my top off container for my new system and all my extra rodi is frozen solid.

So let's just say its a love/hate relationship at the moment.

I love it. Winter is my favorite time. Big downfall though is that all my stuff is in the garage and now I need a new rodi system. It froze solid and 4 of the 5 canisters need to be replaced as well as all the filters. The pump seems to have come out unscathed though. I also lost a 20gal tank that was intended as my top off container for my new system and all my extra rodi is frozen solid.

So let's just say its a love/hate relationship at the moment.

John the same thing happen to me, I didnt take my ro unit off of the hose during the first storm and it shattered. I just ordered my replacement parts.

Is there anyone here that has to work outside all day?
I am one of them your body gets use to it after awhile you have to just stay out in it long enough you can't go from hot to cold hot to cold

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So this morning I go and take the recycles out to the big bin outside, and dump them in. I’m out there for a few minutes, getting an empty gas can that I need to get filled, and I hear a noise coming from where I just dumped the recycles. I’m thinking there’s an animal in our recycle bin making this noise. I walk back over, with the noise still going on, and there is one of the juice jugs (with the lid on), crushing itself…..neat! Now here’s the science in me…..if we remember the ideal gas law….PV=nRT…..we see that volume and temperature (or pressure and temperature) are inversely proportional. So as the warm air inside the closed juice jug chilled, the pressure dropped, and since it had collapsible sides, the “volume” dropped, and it crushed itself. Science lesson over!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John, Chapion lighting has the best price for replacement RO/DI Canisters. Give Gary a call there and you will get the club discount.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Next time. I wished I read the post before you placed the order. Sorry about that John.
Heads up I have found Champion to be. Better pricing on that stuff than BRS. All the RO/DI and carbon I get for much better price. Also Champion will be doing bulk on GFO soon . They will have HC and regular GFO.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Plus Champion Lighting is a Sponsor of the club. The nice part is if you order by 3pm you will have it the next day.