• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS: Jebao Cross-Flow CP-40 Pump

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Guys,

I'm just testing the waters to see if anyone would like to buy it - I've been holding on to mine for awhile now but I think the CP-40 is just a bit too big for my tank. I think it would work better for a 48" sized tank - it's just a bit too powerful and the unit itself looks a bit awkward on a 18" side glass haha. gonna try and grab the smaller CP-25 soon.

my unit works flawlessly and has really only been in use for less than an 30 mins - I had to take off my tank since it was just blowing everything around.

looking to get $130 for it. I'm not in a rush to sell, I might get a bigger tank down the line so might just keep it if it doesnt.

5cb3003c-e5b3-4c83-9a7e-d82f24be8457.jpg

Last edited:
it may be hard to sell since you can buy a brand new one for $140. I have seen good reviews on them, only problem is noone knows howlong they last since theyre brand new

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So I guess this is the gyre version? How well does it work, I have the 150 gyre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

works really well actually - so well that it's a bit overpowering. lol only reason i dont have it on my tank currently and with the size, doesnt look right on an 18" wide side panel.

Ah ok..i did think about getting another gyre but been on a budget lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
it may be hard to sell since you can buy a brand new one for $140. I have seen good reviews on them, only problem is noone knows howlong they last since theyre brand new

this thing is basically new - was in my tank for like 30 mins before i took it off.

just have on here in case anyone on her was interested - not in a rush to sell or anything

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ah ok..i did think about getting another gyre but been on a budget lately

yeah, i would definitely recommend this if you are on a tight budget - this thing moves water but if you already have a gyre - i would advise getting another gyre incase they come out with a wireless controller that can sync both unless you don't care about that.

Mine is one of the older ones but with updated mount..it actually doesnt seem to put out as much flow as ive been told...the wire is seperating a little from the pump so not sure how long its going to last

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mine is one of the older ones but with updated mount..it actually doesnt seem to put out as much flow as ive been told...the wire is seperating a little from the pump so not sure how long its going to last

have you tried getting in touch with Coralvue? that wire would be worrisome.

I did try when i was setting it up and didnt get good communications from them...havnt tried to contact them about cord yet

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I did try when i was setting it up and didnt get good communications from them...havnt tried to contact them about cord yet

sadly, it's a toss up when it comes to coralvue customer service - hopefully you can get that cord fixed.

however, if you want a cheaper alternative to the gyre - the CP40 is definitely worth it.

ok thanks...im not sure what is wrong with this gyre since it doesn't see to putting out the right flow rate either, but I do want to add more flow since im still getting a lot of dead spots with the gyre running