• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FU RTN

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Had a few smaller frags experience some RTN the last week I overnight. My reefraft lady in pink was finally starting to look good and was starting to encrust the plug. Was not able to save. The red tabling acro I got at fengs last month started overnight but I put crazy glue on the rtn part and it seems to have stopped it. Woke up this morning to my CB rainbow orgasm and roughly half was gone. Sometimes this hobby is frustrating. My only change in parameters has been my phosphate. It was up to 0.30 and everything was doing great. I decided I needed to gradually pull it down. Over 3 weeks I brought it down to 0.10. Not sure if that was the cause but hopefully no more RTN! I dipped the lady in pink and red tabling acro. No pests came off. I was especially excited about the lady in pink.
62da8bb6fc9c7e8eafbd1062f4a5e80a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
broooooooo - i lost my Orange Passion and I have no idea what is happening. lost like 4 -5 frags since my psycoberry RTNs - i've dipped and noticed no pest and my parameters are rock solid. some of my monti's arent looking too well either!

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
broooooooo - i lost my Orange Passion and I have no idea what is happening. lost like 4 -5 frags since my psycoberry RTNs - i've dipped and noticed no pest and my parameters are rock solid. some of my monti's arent looking too well either!
Sucks. From what I've read online about RTN, it sounds like most think it's bacterial and is in your water column. It can spread from sps to sps but seems to impact smaller frags. Sounds like people have had success by removing and cutting back the frag above where it rtn'd. I'm hoping it doesn't continue for both of us!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
yeah, hopefully - frustrating though - worse feeling seeing a frag doing so well then coming home one day and you see it bone white.

Sorry to hear it. I fortunately haven’t had to deal with an RTN event in a while. Hopefully you’ll get some good growth coming in soon to make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feeling your pain... I’ve had all my acros receded on some level. I never had luck fragging upset coral. I have better luck waiting until the recession stops before making any moves.

I recently lost some frags and colonies due to RTN too, no changes and nothing new in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk