• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FYI - Blue Planet

Just thought you all might be interested:

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 8:00 PM EST on Animal Planet:Blue Planet: Seas of Life Coral Seas

Bathed in warm, clear tropical water and brilliant sunlight, coral reefs are the rainforests of the sea. Surrounded by ocean deserts they are rich oases of life. Spectacular numbers make it necessary to stand out to survive.

You know, I really don't remember giving them permission to film my tank. ;D Seriously, it is quite spectacular.

Marcelo -

C

concept3

I don't think animal planet is broadcast in HD.

WHYY
PBS
DiscoveryHD theater

are the only places I know broadcast these kind of shows in HD

Mike-

thanks, got it Tivo'd for tomorrow

Caught this show the other night. Awesome!

The top down shots of the reefs made up of mostly caps makes me want to set a cap only tank up!

Anyone ever try this?

I picture several flat shelves of varying levels with a whole lot of caps on each one.

i tank like that will be nice, but i think you will need a tank that the size will be like 6'x6'x2', now that will be a nice cap tank

C

concept3

my new aquascape has me placing my efflos at the top just like the show depicted....

didn't realize those were caps!

i always miss the first part i've seen the second half like 5 times so awesome watching how stuff works (what a waste when the show the corals fighting and killing) lol

concept3.75 said:
my new aquascape has me placing my efflos at the top just like the show depicted....

Well I'm an LPS guy so maybe I got my caps and efflos mixed up. All I know is I can get an grow caps easy; but everyone seems to be constantly begging for efflos and waiting forever for frags.

So if I try something like this, caps it will be!

C

concept3

sinkingbeach said:
concept3.75 said:

Speaking of efflos ;D what's the word or is it still under wrap ;)

sh