• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gas Could Hit $5 By Summer

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-dicker/here-comes-5-gas_b_1293204.html
Sorry couldn't resist making this GIF for all you Mad Max fans :D
Sid5gas.gif

Last edited:

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
This is not good. A round trip to Trop and Greg costs me $30 today. Yes I drive a guzzler, but this is insane. Will have to plan every trip now on ;)
Anyone selling a bike :p

good time to start looking at some gas friendly cars.
i got rid of my e350 van last fall, got 13mpg and i drive 100 miles round trip
when im working from the home office,

got a 2012 ford fusion se, 34mpg around town, upto 42 on the highway!!!
i drive 80-90 mph on the highways and still get at least 30-32mpg.
when i go long distances, 80mph with the cruise control on, get about 38,

it actually gets better mpg then my harley!!!!

grink

NJRC Member
Did Greg have anything good today???
Presuming Greg of Reef to Rep!

Thanks

This is not good. A round trip to Trop and Greg costs me $30 today. Yes I drive a guzzler, but this is insane. Will have to plan every trip now on ;)
Anyone selling a bike :p

Now I know why someone stole my gas card. I just got a $600 gas bill for last month. I'm sure the gasoline station guy didn't give it back to me and is has sold it. I don't use it much so didn't even realize it was gone!!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just over $100 today to fill my truck, Hate to see summer prices.....I now think twice about leaving the house

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Left the meeting at Mike's house needing fuel last night...First station had it for $4.25!!! Screw them, kept driving, found a Quick check gas station who had diesel for cheap, but couldn't get over in time and didn't want to turn around. OF Course there were no more stations on the way home. The warning went off twice and I pulled into the driveway with the computer telling me I had 12 miles to empty...Knowing it may not be the most reliable, I think that was cutting it close! Then I had to drive 7 miles to the station today!WHEW, I made it, and paid 3.99

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
0 miles and still made it another 2 miles to a gas station! :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330318984.021702.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330318984.021702.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 21
My other hobby is a hole in the water, and although it's relatively small it still holds 82 gallons of gas, that's going to be fun to fill up. Gas at the dock is always much more expensive that at roadside stations. :jaded::nightmare:

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My other hobby is a hole in the water, and although it's relatively small it still holds 82 gallons of gas, that's going to be fun to fill up. Gas at the dock is always much more expensive that at roadside stations. :jaded::nightmare:
My father is considering to keep his dry docked!

I told him he needs to get a trailer and trailer it to the gas station. With like 200 gals of gas, the savings would justify ramp fees. LOL

My father is considering to keep his dry docked!

I told him he needs to get a trailer and trailer it to the gas station. With like 200 gals of gas, the savings would justify ramp fees. LOL

Depends on how far you have to trailer it. But it doesn't have to be E10 (Ethanol). All gas sold at the dock is E10, so I have to use a fuel stabilizer every time I get gas(adds about $.60 per gallon).