• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gas Prices in Central NJ

Cheapest price I've seen: $1.99 at the Shell on Route 22....not too far from OC II.

It's $2.09 for regular at the Exxon/Mobil by us on Route 1.

The last time I saw this shell with a $1.99 regular gas price was back when I first moved into the NJ area in 2006.

Bit on the north part of the central, but $1.97 at the Gulf on Morris Ave in Union.

Bit more north of that, the Exxon in Summit on Morris Ave, last I checked last week was Regular at $4.67!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We're still running 2.05 for credit prices from East Brunswick through Howell. I did see a 1.99 for cash at a few stations today though.

Jrod everytime i go to TITOS burritos in summit i pass that place and puke in my mouth. There is no way anyone buys gas there.

I say the same thing about that gas station, but it seems that everytime I pass, I see there is a car in there. I don't get it.

Do you really need gas that bad that you will pay double the going rate. Kills me, but people do pay it.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JRod said:
I say the same thing about that gas station, but it seems that everytime I pass, I see there is a car in there. I don't get it.

Do you really need gas that bad that you will pay double the going rate. Kills me, but people do pay it.
I heard about that very gas station this morning on 101.5 FM. The reason the gas is so high is that they gas up a lot of the fleet cars in the area and have contracts that allow them to charge that much. Anybody that happens just to drive in is screwed along with the companies.
My complaint is the difference between regular and premium prices. It used to be about $.15 more and I was told that was the additional cost of refining it. The difference has gone up to $.50 in some stations. I sure the proceesing doesn't cost anymore then it did before the prices skyrocketed yet the prices diffs rose about the same percentage as the price of gas! Another way to stick it to the consumer :mad:

Bob

RichT said:
Isn't there laws about charging like that? "Price Gouging"

Not when all the other stations nearby are selling $2 cheaper. Then it's just market-suicide.

however - if bob's point is true - then it's just foolishness of any passing motorists.

Still for all we know - those people gasing there are only putting in $5 to get them to the next station.

camz28 said:
I just seen it for $1.87 in metuchen .

That was me siphoning the gas from dflint and selling it on the street!!! :eek: :eek:

(did I just say that out loud...LOL).

i jest...dflint if you still visit the boards - please don't come beat me up! ;D

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
puffanatic said:
Hey all...Not sure if you've seen this website but its really great

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Type in your zip code and it will give you the cheapest gas in that area!!

So much for the Gas Buddy. I typed my zip and it displayed a LukOil station that is always about $.30 higher then everyone else in my area!

camz28 said:
I just seen it for $1.87 in metuchen .

It's a CITGO...while I think all oil companies make flagrant money off of us - I will not patronize one that is owned by that venezuela. Plus they have that dumb caveat underneath "CASH ONLY". Still there was a line when I drove by today. I don't blame them given the state of the economy and all.

Since when did we have to start paying .10 more a gallon for credit? I thought they make a ton of money selling gas and they can't afford the credit card fees!! I dont get it.

When gas prices were high people began charging smaller amounts of gas. When gas was cheaper those transactions balanced out with people filling up their tank.
Some cards .25 .27. and up to like .39 cents per transaction for AX. In that situation the cost added up.

Now that cost are lowering gas stations found another way to charge more and do.

If they charge .12 per gallon more for credit over cash for a 20 gallon tank thats 2.40, they have easily made back their money plus some.

THAT IS WHY WE NEED HYBRIDS, were are being fleeced of money because of greed.