• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Generator & transfer switch - 1300

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys. I’m upgrading to a whole house generator. This was purchased and tested but never called into duty. So essentially brand new.

Lmk if interested.

IMG_5544.png

Attachments

• IMG_5547.png
    IMG_5547.png
    4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
If anyone doesnt have a house generator, do it. For less than 2k you can buy this and have an electrician put an ourside plug into your breaker box. I did this about 2 years ago with a westinghouse. Takes me less than 5 minutes to restore power to most of my house, INCLUDING AC in the summer. Serious...great investment for your comfort..let along for your tanks.

Salted

NJRC Member
Yup, did this years ago. When that freak end of October storm happened years ago my wife had just done our food shopping. Two days later the storm hit and no power for almost a week. Lost all our food. Several hundred dollars worth. Just preventing that loss again justifies the cost of the generator.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If anyone doesnt have a house generator, do it. For less than 2k you can buy this and have an electrician put an ourside plug into your breaker box. I did this about 2 years ago with a westinghouse. Takes me less than 5 minutes to restore power to most of my house, INCLUDING AC in the summer. Serious...great investment for your comfort..let along for your tanks.
Less than 2k????? I need some info if you can.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@NJTaxMan thanks for the reminder. I have the outdoor outlet too

Will post pics after the bibilical floods depart the jersey shores

Salted

NJRC Member
Just curious; what size generator and what size home? My 7500watt generator will run my entire house (3,000sqft) with no issue with the exception of our central air. My electrician said you need a lot of power to run the central air compressor, and since we've never been without power in the summer I've actually never tried. I'm way more concerned with heat in the winter than a/c in summer though.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
11,000 watts. Dual fuel between propane and gasoline. And transfer switch allows you connect all major appliances.

I had my 3 fridges ( 2 fridge and 1 deep freezer). All 3 tanks, water heater and furnace

Stove, router and tv and cable in front of fireplace. Connected to transfer switch

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Just curious; what size generator and what size home? My 7500watt generator will run my entire house (3,000sqft) with no issue with the exception of our central air. My electrician said you need a lot of power to run the central air compressor, and since we've never been without power in the summer I've actually never tried. I'm way more concerned with heat in the winter than a/c in summer though.
If you put a softstart or starting capacitor on your condenser you'll most likely be fine. I have a 10kw generac that does 16 circuits for arguments sake it does my whole house

What brand you going with @ecam

Less than 2k????? I need some info if you can.
I have this version (albeit the gas version) . 2,700 square foot...but I made sure I had air conditioning in the summer.

This is my switch:

And 800 for my electrician

Ok. I am a few bucks over 2k.