• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

getting back in

Been out of the hobby for a bit and I am getting back in. Whats the scoop with this gyre? Is it worth it or should I go with what I know...Tunze?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
BLoodman, welcome back into the game.

Your choice of powerheads depends on the type of consumer you are.

Let me use a phone analogy:

If you stood in line to purchase the lastest I-Phone (in my opinion, blithering idiots....but that's just me), than the Gyre is most definitely for you.

If you're happy with your current phone, regardless of brand or age, I'd stick with the tried and true....Tunze, Vortech, (are there any others).

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think the gyre is worth it. I weighed out all the costs of the various power heads and I will be getting the gyre on Monday. I have seen it in action and it is better (IMO) than the the others. :)

If you stood in line to purchase the lastest I-Phone (in my opinion, blithering idiots....but that's just me), than the Gyre is most definitely for you.

If you're happy with your current phone, regardless of brand or age, I'd stick with the tried and true....Tunze, Vortech, (are there any others).

couldn't have said it better. i don't think i'll ever switch from vortechs. not sure how long you can wait, but they are releasing their new pumps soon. i saw someone on RC with a prototype

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I'd be happy to bring my gyre over an show you what real water movement is. Hell I'll even teach you how to use an Iphone. lol.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
The gyre is pretty sweet but I'm not giving up my vortechs yet. Iv seen them in action on several tanks and it sure moves water but right now it lacks the controllability of the vortech and tunze pumps. If I didn't get one it would be in addition to my current pumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Different sort of water movement....so I don't think you can say just one is the perfect solution. Most of us have some multiple pumps in the tank so this is a great addition to the scene.